Should I keep waiting or look elsewhere?

I met a guy by posting a craigslist ad over a year ago. We both have bipolar. During our relationship neither of us were taking our prescribed medications. This led to a lot of arguing. He would break up with me then I would post another ad and he be honest about and it would set him off. I told him I’m looking to be in a relationship for the long haul and if you keep breaking it off I have to keep looking. Well it ended beginning of this year. I spent time in the hospital getting back on my medication. I actually sent his grandmother two letters which i deeply regret, but i was really hurting at the time and i just wanted someone to make him accountable. He was in a relationship which ended and he finally called me. We talk for hours daily. I have told him repeatedly that I love him with all my heart. He admitted he still thinks of the times we had sex and that it turns him on and that he had the best orgasms with me. Currently I study the bible once a week and i told him flatly i will not have sex again before marriage. He talked to his grandmother about me who told him just be her friend basically don’t get involved. He told me he needs time to heals from breaking up with his last girlfriend. Finally he told me I love you as a friend. Then he told me he had to go masturbate and go to sleep. I am in awe of how much I wish we could actually get married and be a couple and all he sees me as is stress relief as he calls it. We talk for multiple hours a day effortlessly without silence. How could he not see me as more?

He just doesn't. He makes a point of talking about sex and that's it. He's told you outright "just friends," and unfortunately to a lot of men that means "just sex, no obligations of any kind, no responsibility."

So you need to pack it up and move on. He's not equal to your love.