question

girlygirl

When I first met this guy things were really great, its now been six months since Ive met him, and I still dont know where I stand with him. It just seems like when we get close, and things are going great, and I am happy as anything, he backs off. Does he like me, or is he just afraid of having strong feelings for me and that scared him

You realize you're gonna have to talk to him, right? I mean there could be alot of reasons why he's backing away at the right moments. He's playin ya, he's afraid to get hurt, he doesn't have much experience. So ask him and let him know how you feel in the relationship and also where you want to see it go. Good luck.

When I first met this guy things were really great, its now been six months since Ive met him, and I still dont know where I stand with him. It just seems like when we get close, and things are going great, and I am happy as anything, he backs off. Does he like me, or is he just afraid of having strong feelings for me and that scared him

hi girlygirl,

your best bet would be to ask him what's going on and why he is backing away. is he scared of getting hurt? is he unsure of his feelings for you? does he have an ex that he is not totally over? these are some of the possiblities that could be why he is backing off.

whatever you do, don't put words in his mouth. you want him to be honest with you about why he is acting this way. throwing different reasons at him might only lead him to make up an excuse if he is afraid of honestly admitting why he is backing off.

good luck :)

He was in a relationship for 7 years, they were engaged and lived together. THey just broke up, it will be 1 year next week

hi girlygirl, your best bet would be to ask him what's going on and why he is backing away. is he scared of getting hurt? is he unsure of his feelings for you? does he have an ex that he is not totally over? these are some of the possiblities that could be why he is backing off. whatever you do, don't put words in his mouth. you want him to be honest with you about why he is acting this way. throwing different reasons at him might only lead him to make up an excuse if he is afraid of honestly admitting why he is backing off. good luck :)

He was in a relationship for 7 years, they were engaged and lived together. THey just broke up, it will be 1 year next week

that would be a pretty tough situation. if he really likes you, maybe he's backing off because he knows it's rather soon to be in a relationship and maybe he doesn't want to jump in head first without being 100% sure first. that i can completely understand. it's a bit like being torn - you can really like a person, but if you've come out of a serious long-term relationship, it can also be a bit scary too.

best wishes to you :)