Delicate problem

I am on another forum and I've started exchanging some PMs with a very nice young man. I do like him, he's quite interiorised and quite true to himself and to his believes. He's 4 years younger and I do like the fact that I am a bit more experienced ... anyway, we chatted a few days, nothing really big. He's quite religious and I don't think he ever had a gf, to tell you the truth.

Well, yesterday he said he loved me :confused:. I don't quite know what to tell him, I mean he barely knows me, he's just a sweet young man who probably never had the chance to talk properly to a girl. So can you give me an advice about letting him down easy or how I should handle this issue? I certainly don't want to hurt his feelings, I just don't see how...

Under what context did he say this?

was it the full on "I love you"

or was it like a response to a comment or something?

you know like when someone says "I love you" after you said something funny, or something like that? like a friends l love you?

• Author

Oh, I wish. He was very sad one day, saying that everything he loves dies and that he hated living at times. I said that his statement is full of bull and that he knew better. I asked him who died. He said that he dies everyday, because he loves me :confused:.

He's not the suicidal or the morbid type, more of the romantic one, LOL!

ok, that's a little creepy... hmmm...

I know for me, "I love you" carries some serious weight. I've only told that to one girl, and it was after dating for probably 3-4 months.

without meeting IRL how could he know...

time for the "just friends" conversation? or was this a possible dating situation?

tell the boy your not into him unless you are but i gather your not so tell him like it is tell him your just friends and then slowly but surely talk to him less and less

i had this girl do that to me once and i was all trying to be nice and tell her no i don't think of you like that but we can be friends next thing i new she was telling all her friends we were dating and that i was cheating my current gf with her it was mess........

Originally posted by CurlyIam

He was very sad one day, saying that everything he loves dies and that he hated living at times. I said that his statement is full of bull and that he knew better. I asked him who died. He said that he dies everyday, because he loves me

Maybe his lacking experience led him to say something that was perceived by you as being full on when he might not have meant it that way.
  • Author

Hi, ya all,

I think I'll go with the nice yet firm approach of "we're just friends". IT's a bit too weird and I just don't think he can have a friendship with a girl without having a gf first.