First Anniversary

Dragonflys

Hi Everyone

This is the first anniversary at the loveshack. I love this place, my interest has not waned at all. There are some great people around here.

I came here a year ago seeking solace while sifting through the embers of a bad relationship. Since then I have moved on, had a good look at myself, and really grown as a person. The information I have gained here through the posts and replies has really opened my eyes and given me an understanding that would have normally required years of experience.

It's a bit like cheating, but I'll take it.

Now I have met a wonderful woman who is as into me as I her, and I feel able to recognise and foster a healthy relationship. Time will tell the rest.

I must say a warm hearted thanks to Tony. Your replies have been very educational and your humilty gives it all perspective. And Mate, YOU ARE RIGHT about playing it cool. I have had dates with 5 women this year and made out with three. That's pretty good going when you consider that that is more than I have had in the previous 28 years combined.

I am still the same person inside, and I still look the same, but removing the fear makes all the difference.

Roll back the shoulders and look at the world in a non-judgemental, less serious way and people notice.

Thanx also to Sparkle, Lisa, Taressa, Dejette, Paulie, Reverend Fishbulb and the majority of people that I have forgotten aswell.

Oliver

Happy Anniversary and congratulations on all your successes. Also, thank you for the very kind words. It's always nice to have those to balance out the ones I get that are rather critical. It makes me feel so great that this site has made a difference for you.

You brought up several names of people who were here for a while but who have not been seen in a while, Dejette and Fishbulb. Taresa gets by once in a while although she has her Billy to watch out for. I hope they are OK.

I am so happy you posted today. I actually don't remember when my first visit to LoveShack was so I'll celebrate right along with you.

Have a great day!!!

hi oliver,

happy 1st anniversary with loveshack!

i have to agree, there is some really wonderful insight from so many great people. i know if i have a problem, i can come here and i will get some very sound advice from people. and even most people here are on the other side of the world from me, and i wouldn't know them if i fell over them, it's as though you have friends at the click of a mouse.

i haven't been on here for even close to a year yet. even in my short space of time visiting loveshack, i have learnt a lot of things from people that i didn't know or was ignorant to in some ways. i'm not exactly the most experienced person when it comes to relationships, but some of the advice i have read on here i will definitely put to use when i am ready to get back on the scene.

and what can i say...GO OLIVER!!! you're the date meister! i guess playing it cool does make you a winner after all! it's nice to hear that you have met someone really nice, who you feel suits you and i wish you the best of luck with her!

:)

• Author

Sheeesh!

I forgot the dear Miss Mojo.

Thankyou for your kind words. There is a nice slice of Anniversary cake just for you too...enjoy the party!

Oliver

:)

...i forgive you, oliver (hehe) :)

just send me a biiiig piece of chocolate mud-cake in the mail! (ewww, it would just be mud when i receive it, wouldn't it?)

the cake is on me, my dear! you can have my slice and enjoy! :)