Help me,ladies! Why does this girl say something different every day?!?

can someone please help me with this? there is a girl that i care about. she has told me that she cares about me,too. but when it comes to a commitment and about more intimate feelings, it seems like she is always changing her position. see, we have never made an outright commitment, but that is because i am not sure how she feels about me and she said she isn't ready to talk about her feelings. anyway, one day she will tell me that she wants me to be there for her and then the next day she will tell me that we are too different. but then the next day, she will tell me that she wants me to stick around again. she isn't a dishonest person or anything like that, so i am confused. some of her closest friends have told me that she is "testing" me. they said that she has been hurt before in several bad relationships. i've told her that i am not going to leave her, and they say that when she tells me that i deserve someone better or something like that, then she is "testing" me to see if i will really stick around or not. have any of you girls ever done anything like that or are her friends just making that stuff up? one day this girl tells me to stay, then she tells me to go, then she tells me to stay, etc. i'm not sure which i should believe, although i am pretty sure that she really does care about me. but, this is driving me crazy. what should i do?!?

can someone please help me with this? there is a girl that i care about. she has told me that she cares about me,too. but when it comes to a commitment and about more intimate feelings, it seems like she is always changing her position. see, we have never made an outright commitment, but that is because i am not sure how she feels about me and she said she isn't ready to talk about her feelings. anyway, one day she will tell me that she wants me to be there for her and then the next day she will tell me that we are too different. but then the next day, she will tell me that she wants me to stick around again. she isn't a dishonest person or anything like that, so i am confused. some of her closest friends have told me that she is "testing" me. they said that she has been hurt before in several bad relationships. i've told her that i am not going to leave her, and they say that when she tells me that i deserve someone better or something like that, then she is "testing" me to see if i will really stick around or not. have any of you girls ever done anything like that or are her friends just making that stuff up? one day this girl tells me to stay, then she tells me to go, then she tells me to stay, etc. i'm not sure which i should believe, although i am pretty sure that she really does care about me. but, this is driving me crazy. what should i do?!?

Jake,

I'd like to respond to this posting when I have more time, as there are a number of good questions you post and a number of things I'd like to point out to you, however I simply can't do it right now. Please check back again in a few days. :)

Best wishes to you,

LoveAngel