To the Guys!! Difference between talking and flirting

Ok........guys.......... what's the difference between just talking to a girl, and flirting with her. Is there a difference in conversation? If you are a co-worker for instance (and not in a bar), what would you talk to her about? What kind of things would you want to know? Would you talk to her about other women? Hot girls you just saw?? If she is on the phone making plans, and you overhear her, would asking her about her plans after she gets off the phone be considered flirting? I am having a hard time figuring out whether he is thinking "I just want to be friends, because I like talking to you and think you are cool" OR "I want to go out with you, but I am too shy to tell you that, so I am going to try to show you in other ways that I like you".

HELP!

If you like the guy just ask him. Do you like me? Would you like to go out sometime? Sometimes girls need to give the push if the guy is shy or afraid.

Peace...

mental_traveller
Originally posted by Sami43

Ok........guys.......... what's the difference between just talking to a girl, and flirting with her. Is there a difference in conversation? If you are a co-worker for instance (and not in a bar), what would you talk to her about? What kind of things would you want to know? Would you talk to her about other women? Hot girls you just saw?? If she is on the phone making plans, and you overhear her, would asking her about her plans after she gets off the phone be considered flirting? I am having a hard time figuring out whether he is thinking "I just want to be friends, because I like talking to you and think you are cool" OR "I want to go out with you, but I am too shy to tell you that, so I am going to try to show you in other ways that I like you".

HELP!

There's no fixed rule. Some guys will not flirt at all, even if they really fancy you. Others will flirt outrageously, even if they are not looking at you as gf material. The best way to find out what a guy feels is to get him a bit drunk, flirt with him, lead him on, and see what he does. If he still doesn't make a move, then he's not interested.

justagirl1121

this is a good topic. i worked wtih a guy who was 6 yrs older (both of us in our twenties)...i reallllly like him and he flirts but i cant tell waht it means....i've tried to invite him out to the bar and he came once...i'm trying to invite him this fri (we no longer work together)....but he isnt returning my phone call...should i call him back??? it's been 48 hrs.....i dont think i can tell him i like him, tho i suspect he prob already knows, tho how he can be sure i dont know (if he knows) since i can't tell if he likes me....i dont get guys at all.

How_Do_I_Know

I really don't get men either!!!! I have this intuition feeling that this guy wants me but I don't get men at all!!!!!! I think I am going to turn to women from now on....at least I know what their signs are! LOL!

ReluctantRomeo

If it's at work, you don't have to recognise the signs, you bozos!!!

All you have to do is suggest something ambiguous which colleagues might do together, like lunch, coffee or a drink after work. Whichever is more appropriate. If he's interested, he'll bite.

Then flirt with him. Be friendly, interested, fun and make sure you touch him occasionally. If he's interested, he will at least try to see you again. If he doesn't try to take things further after a couple such occasions, he's probably not interested.

elijahBailey
Originally posted by Sami43

Would you talk to her about other women? Hot girls you just saw??

HELP!

I would if I wanted to get a reaction from the girl. But if he does it too often, I would seriously doubt whether he is interested.

Another possibility is that he's weighing his options, but doesn't wanna let go of you. It may be good if you ignore him for a while. And in the meantime, do some chatting with your other male friends (preferably the more popular ones :) ) when he's around and watch him. If he keeps glancing over at your direction, then he's probably interested.