How to survive a date with a friend

lolafromitaly

lolafromitaly

Hi everyone

So this is my story:

I'm from Denmark and I've been on a study abroad for 6 months. While I was in Sydney I had a boyfriend in Denmark but we broke up right after my study abroad.

In Sydney I've met a guy also from Denmark. I had a great time with that boy, we did a lot of trips together, we went for lunch and dinner together almost every day so our friendship was very intense.

The last weekend was very special and he made it very clear that he likes me more than just a friend. He never tried to kiss me or something but I'm pretty sure that this is because I had a boyfriend at that time.

The last evening he gave me a very long hug and said to me that he would miss me a lot and that I was very special for him. When I was back in Denmark me and my boyfriend broke up, we had already talked about it while I was on my study abroad but we wanted to talk in person before we ended things for real.

The day after I broke up with my boyfriend the danish guy from sydney sent me a text and asked if I wanted to do something. ( we live in the same city). I replied that I really wanted to do something but that I just broke up with my boyfriend and that it feels rude to hang out with an other boy the day after my break up. He totally understood that and was concerned about how I felt because of the break up. He kept on texting me every day to ask how I feel and what I did.

A few weeks later I asked him if he wanted to eat a pancake with me on a sunday. He replied that he was busy. I found that weird since he was texting me every day but didn't want to go out. I asked him if something had changed his mind and he answered that nothing was changed, that he still wants to go out with me but that he was busy with exams and that after his exams he would like to go out. He also said that it felt weird being back in Denmark and that he wanted to be sure and take things slow since we had everything in common in syndey but we don't have the same friends, activities here in denmark. He kept on texting me every day.

Now is his last week of exams and he asked to have dinner on monday evening. I'm very excited about that cause I like him a lot. I just don't really know how he feels about me, since he rejected me when I asked him to go for pancakes.

The boy has never had a girlfriend before and I'm sure he has no experience with dating girls. I'm pretty scared that nothing will happen because he won't dare to take the first step. I'm a bit more experienced and I wouldn't mind to kiss him first. I just don't know if he will be ready for it?

What do you guys think? Do you think I should go for it? Or do you think he will need more time?

I'm just scared that if nothing happens on this date that he won't ask me out again...

Please give me some good advice!

Thank you!

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
Paragraphs ~6

What a delightful post! It's not that common to see such healthy propriety on these boards.

You've done everything right and with such poise and class. Thank you for the sunshine.

LOL - He didn't reject you with respect to the pancake. Often, "No I'm busy" just means he really is scheduled for something busy.

As for the kiss - I think you'll know what to do. Just remember that he already likes you without having any kiss at all. It's not necessary for you to pay something forward with every advance into dating.

If you're unsure of his confidence, you can always ask him if he'd like to kiss you? That will keep some of the decision power with him making it a more even playing field.

Please don't make special allowances for him. Just be who you are with anyone else and see what he brings to the table. That way you find out if he's confident enough for you or not. Let him plan it and pay for it and you sit back and relax and see how it goes. Good luck.