???

Jacob_22

Hello, first time poster, first time seeing this place. (It was recommended to me by a friend)

I want to go out with a friend of mine that I have been friends with for a while. (About since I was in 3rd grade)

Now, this is not my first time with a girl, I have met plenty of girls before, but nothing ever developed. (Not that I was hoping it to, just saying)

Before I go on, I am on the Autistic spectrum.(Apsergers) And I do have a hard time with other people. (RE: Socially awkward) But I can converse with total strangers just well. (For some reason)

I told her this, and she was cool with it. Not freaked out. Which made me happy.

After that I did meet up with her (Not a date though), and we had a great time. I asked her if I'd see her again, and she said "Definitely".

Now? Well, I am having a hard time keeping myself from sounding too desperate, and asking her out on a date.

Any help would be appreciated. Not sure if this is the right place for this. :/

• Like 1
Scarlett.O'hara

Have you both talked about your interests, hobbies, movies you like etc?

If she mentioned something she likes to do (like bowling for example) then ask her if she would like to do that next weekend, or whatever day you want to see her.

Is there a movie you both talked about or place you both want to visit? Perhaps you could suggest that.

It doesn't sound desperate to want to hang out with her again, you just enjoy her company and by the sound of it so does she. You don't have to label it as a date yet if you are worried, just hang out with her again and see where it goes.

Good luck.

• Like 3

I don't want to seem rude so if this posts comes across that way, I really do apologise.

Every single person is on the spectrum. Autism at one end, Aspergers on the other. This is why every single person has their issues. I completely get that being further to either end makes it harder and the social interaction must be harder for you. My point is, she will have her own issues and things she is good at, and those she finds hard or awkward. Hopefully she'll realise this and quite happily accept anything you find hard.

Literally, just ask questions. What does she do for work? For fun? Why does she enjoy? What does she dislike? What music does she like? Etc. Any one question can lead into a decent and fun conversation. And there is no need for a date of the label worries you. Just ask to hang out and grab a drink or lunch. I do that with my friends, hell, I crashed their movie night and we had a blast! I know things are hard but come here, discuss/vent and take all the positivity to your friendship and see where it goes!

Good luck!!

• Like 1
  • Author
Have you both talked about your interests, hobbies, movies you like etc?

If she mentioned something she likes to do (like bowling for example) then ask her if she would like to do that next weekend, or whatever day you want to see her.

Is there a movie you both talked about or place you both want to visit? Perhaps you could suggest that.

It doesn't sound desperate to want to hang out with her again, you just enjoy her company and by the sound of it so does she. You don't have to label it as a date yet if you are worried, just hang out with her again and see where it goes.

Good luck.

She loves movies, but she's busy this coming week. Maybe next week then.

I don't want to seem rude so if this posts comes across that way, I really do apologise.

Every single person is on the spectrum. Autism at one end, Aspergers on the other. This is why every single person has their issues. I completely get that being further to either end makes it harder and the social interaction must be harder for you. My point is, she will have her own issues and things she is good at, and those she finds hard or awkward. Hopefully she'll realise this and quite happily accept anything you find hard.

Literally, just ask questions. What does she do for work? For fun? Why does she enjoy? What does she dislike? What music does she like? Etc. Any one question can lead into a decent and fun conversation. And there is no need for a date of the label worries you. Just ask to hang out and grab a drink or lunch. I do that with my friends, hell, I crashed their movie night and we had a blast! I know things are hard but come here, discuss/vent and take all the positivity to your friendship and see where it goes!

Good luck!!

Thanks! :)