Where do I find guys that are NOT just looking for hookups?

ilovemusic3

Found mine on tinder :) there is no particular place, you just have to screen them.

My ex and I met on Tinder. If you rely on the 'place' to do the screening and not yourself you're missing the point.

• Like 1
NinjaTurtlesAreCool
Then I must have some SERIOUSLY bad luck.... I paid for a six-month subscription to Match. I went on ONE date in that entire time (and it was horrible). I'm not an unattractive woman, and I've got a good personality...yet very few men ever contacted me, and those who did were not good matches at all (ultra conservative while I'm a bleeding heart liberal, super religious while I'm atheist, etc, etc, etc). I have always had the best luck with okcupid.

I've generally had pretty good luck on OKCupid and POF so thought that going to Match would mean that I would have similar luck but with women that are actually looking for a serious relationship... I was wrong! Most I met on there were unreliable and, considering these were women in their 30s, most acted like they were half that age and wanted to meet for casual hookups (I'm not interested in that kind of thing at all).

In my experience, it being a pay site doesn't seem to equate to people that are serious about finding a relationship at all!

It seems like that's all guys in their 20s are looking for. I'm on Pof, Okcupid, and Tinder. How do I find guys that are more serious about dating and not just sex?

Volunteer for some things you feel happy to support.

Habitat for Humanity build days, trail building volunteer efforts, library assistance, hospital volunteering, helping veterans, volunteering in parenting classes or schools, etc., etc.

You will both be contributing to your community (which feels great!) and meeting other people there who are generally positive and interested in helping their community. A good kind of place to meet a relationship type guy, and/or make new friends - one of which might later introduce you to a relationship type guy.