Friendzoned after a fling??

StrawberriesandCream

StrawberriesandCream

I have been reading that a girl can get friendzoned if a guy isn't attracted to her.

What happens when you have a fling with a guy but you stop it even though the attraction is still there and then he proposes to be friends.

You agree to it because you like him and want to stay in touch and then one day he calls you an amazing friend and a good person.

Does it mean you get friendzoned?

I have been reading that a girl can get friendzoned if a guy isn't attracted to her.

What happens when you have a fling with a guy but you stop it even though the attraction is still there and then he proposes to be friends.

You agree to it because you like him and want to stay in touch and then one day he calls you an amazing friend and a good person.

When a girl friendzones the man (whether or not they had sex) and the man says lets be friends it usually means he wants to be kept in her orbit with the hopes of getting unfriendzoned and getting more sex.

The call can mean that he is trying to get un F'zoned and get sex or he has found another woman to put out and or he gave up on you and is friendzoning you to get even/save face/sooth his bruised ego.

Not necessarily, but if you have changed your mind about the guy, you will have to let him know some way. It can be as simple as "I think I'm ready for a boyfriend now" or "The longer I know you, the better I like you," and lean onto his shoulder. But first find out if he's set his sights on someone else. Timing is everything.

• Author
StrawberriesandCream
When a girl friendzones the man (whether or not they had sex) and the man says lets be friends it usually means he wants to be kept in her orbit with the hopes of getting unfriendzoned and getting more sex.

The call can mean that he is trying to get un F'zoned and get sex or he has found another woman to put out and or he gave up on you and is friendzoning you to get even/save face/sooth his bruised ego.

The thing is I didn't end our relationship. He did because he wanted to try it again with his ex. I wasn't happy about it but never told him.

So almost immediately after they got together, he started to keep in touch again and now we talk all the time. I just wonder why he would friendzone me if we both know we are attracted to each other, we talk like we did when were seeing each other and I still feel like I'm in the relationship with him minus the sex.

Am I seeing this wrong? What is really going on here?

The thing is I didn't end our relationship. He did because he wanted to try it again with his ex. I wasn't happy about it but never told him.

So almost immediately after they got together, he started to keep in touch again and now we talk all the time. I just wonder why he would friendzone me if we both know we are attracted to each other, we talk like we did when were seeing each other and I still feel like I'm in the relationship with him minus the sex.

Am I seeing this wrong? What is really going on here?

You see it exactly how it is. You're in a sexless relationship where he gets emotional needs fulfilled but where you want more.

Up to you if you're okay with this or not.

First you guys had a fling, not a relationship. Now he's gone back to his girl and still wants to be friends with you. He calls you an amazing friend and a good person. Where do you get he wants to be with you by calling you an amazing friend and a good person. I say this about my female friends and I don't find anything romantic about that statement.

Yes, that's one possibility, though your interaction, presumably sexual, if more than a ONS (you stated 'fling') would indicate a modicum, or more, of sexual attraction.

Romantic relationships progress or die. However, if you and he divorce sex from romance and relationship status, you could conceivably continue the sexual interactions indefinitely as long as they were mutually pleasurable.

It's OK to agree if you want to agree. Relationships are voluntary, no matter the specifics.

In general, men categorize women from a sexual/romantic standpoint in three ways: 1. Women they find sexually attractive and will have sex with. 2. Women they may consider for a girlfriend/companion. 3. Women they will legally partner with and begin a family heritage with.

All other women are invisible or, if having shared interests or being family, platonic.

What interests do you and this guy share? An interest is an activity or passion which you pursue solely or in groups. As an example, I'm a vintage car collector and enthusiast. I love bending over fenders and crawling under old cars and talking to people about them. I'd love to meet Jay Leno someday.

How about you and this guy?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author
StrawberriesandCream
Yes, that's one possibility, though your interaction, presumably sexual, if more than a ONS (you stated 'fling') would indicate a modicum, or more, of sexual attraction.

Romantic relationships progress or die. However, if you and he divorce sex from romance and relationship status, you could conceivably continue the sexual interactions indefinitely as long as they were mutually pleasurable.

It's OK to agree if you want to agree. Relationships are voluntary, no matter the specifics.

In general, men categorize women from a sexual/romantic standpoint in three ways: 1. Women they find sexually attractive and will have sex with. 2. Women they may consider for a girlfriend/companion. 3. Women they will legally partner with and begin a family heritage with.

All other women are invisible or, if having shared interests or being family, platonic.

What interests do you and this guy share? An interest is an activity or passion which you pursue solely or in groups. As an example, I'm a vintage car collector and enthusiast. I love bending over fenders and crawling under old cars and talking to people about them. I'd love to meet Jay Leno someday.

How about you and this guy?

Thanks for replying. What do you think about this now:

I don't claim that he wants to have a relationship with me. I'm just confused as what he wants from me. Like I said, he has a girlfriend and I respect that. That's why I haven't asked him to hang out or anything like that.

However, lately he has been telling me that he likes me and that thinks of me. I say that I think of him too and that that the feeling is mutual.

What is he doing then? Playing, leading me on? Is he confused?

Why would a man tell a woman he likes her and that he thinks of her if he's dating someone else?

Btw, we share a lot of common interests which we just discovered lately by talking every day and sharing personal stories