Isn't "love" a funny thing

• Author
Didn't you say you were worried for her safety with this guy because you thought he might be potentially violent?

Then you go and tell him exactly the kinds of things that would set a violent guy off against the girl??

:eek::eek::eek: That is horrifying. Well, in any case I guess we all can see how much you actually cared for the girl. :sick:

Both of you are taking this too far...

The nature of domestic violence is not to hold onto that level of violence and wait patiently to organise a visa to go over and assault someone.

Do you know anything about anger and how it works?

I was worried because when he was going to first find out, he was going to be in a room alone with her.

He already found about the affair, he KNEW she had cheated on him with me.

He accepted this and made up with her in two days...as I predicted, based on his carnal fascination with her.

Rejected Rosebud
Both of you are taking this too far...

The nature of domestic violence is not to hold onto that level of violence and wait patiently to organise a visa to go over and assault someone.

Um ... if somebody's prone to domestic violence, they are going to do something whenever that rage takes hold of them. In any case YOU SAID he was in Viet Nam with her.

Do you know anything about anger and how it works?

I was worried because when he was going to first find out, he was going to be in a room alone with her.

He already found about the affair, he KNEW she had cheated on him with me.

He accepted this and made up with her in two days...as I predicted, based on his carnal fascination with her.

Sorry, this is just bogus. You told us all he was probably going to harm her because of jealousy, and then you set that up to happen. Fortunately I hope that this whole thing is just the whacky fantasy it seems to be, with all its contradictions and extremes, and you really haven't put a young woman in danger because of being butthurt. :sick:

• Like 2
  • Author

So I log into facebook and notice a message is waiting.

Guess who?, yep, him

It's just a random sticker, some dog yawnign on a mat...

I reply: "What?"

"Ohh sorry i just by mistake...U going good"

That seemed a remarkably cordial reply...So I apologise...

"Yeah....sorry about before by the way...I was drunk and got angry at you...no idea why, you didn't do anything except protect your gf...

Anyway, she hates me now, so just as well i guess...can get on with my life..."

Him:

"But i still cant believe everything how its happen"

Me:

"Well, you were away for so long..that's hard to deal with...

Honestly I don't think she saw anyone else..I was trying to hurt you

We just get along very well

I miss her friendship, and sharing TV with her..."

And so on...

It finishes...

Me:

"I know it was a mistake to sleep with her dude I know."

Him:

"But anyway all good now ... take it easy ... good luck .

Me

"I'm sorry...that's all i can say, she got me in between girlfriends when I was lonely

Talk later...enjoy Dubai...sounds amazing, you will give her an interesting life..."

So that's an unusual epilogue...

Rejected Rosebud
I did have it in the back of my mind to let him knwo the truth of what happened...

The oddest thing is how easy he forgave her...like, it was nothing really...

Good luck to them, I give them 6 months maximum.

Well I have no doubt that you'll continue to do all you can to make sure they don't get even that. :sick:
  • Like 2
  • Author
Well I have no doubt that you'll continue to do all you can to make sure they don't get even that. :sick:

Nope...I'mletting them do their thing...

Nope...I'mletting them do their thing...

X, they have been doing their thing and your angst won't change that.

Sorry that you are burned...yet you knew going in it was risky business so chalk it up then.

When you decide to be in love, you will be.

• Like 1