Why didn't he text me back?

So i met this guy out the other night. He seemed nice and asked for my number so i gave it to him and he said he would text me the next day. So anyways i didn't think he actually would because guys rarely text when they say they will. But he did text me and was really nice, i replied an hour later, and then he never gets back to my next message. I don't understand why though because he started texting me first?? Was he just trying to see if i would reply but was never interested?

TaraMaiden2

you have his number, don't you?

That number is not a text number.

It's a 'phone number.

A number to a 'phone.

A te-le-phone.

You can speak on one! :laugh:

So?

CALL him.

TALK to him.

It's so much better than asking us questions we honestly wouldn't have a clue how to answer....

losangelena
you have his number, don't you?

That number is not a text number.

It's a 'phone number.

A number to a 'phone.

A te-le-phone.

You can speak on one! :laugh:

So?

CALL him.

TALK to him.

It's so much better than asking us questions we honestly wouldn't have a clue how to answer....

But why should she call him if he won't even reply to her text? If he seemed to even have an iota of interest, I'd say sure, maybe try it, but for now he's shown zero interest, you really think he's going to pick up the phone if she calls?

Call it the crumbling of society, but I don't know a lot of people who talk to each other on the phone on the outset of a relationship.

OP, this happened to me last week. A guy I met at a party asked for my number, texted me later that night when I was already asleep, I replied the next morning and he never reached out to me again. That's just how it goes sometimes, there's no poor in tryna figure out why, because there's probably no real good reason.

• Like 1
TaraMaiden2
But why should she call him if he won't even reply to her text?

There again, why not? At least she'd have a definite response...

If he seemed to even have an iota of interest, I'd say sure, maybe try it, but for now he's shown zero interest, you really think he's going to pick up the phone if she calls?
Either way, it would tell her what she really wants to know....

Call it the crumbling of society, but I don't know a lot of people who talk to each other on the phone on the outset of a relationship.
"crumbling" is right. This planet started going to the dogs the first time texts were invented. Of course they have untold benefits. But they have very clear, present and evident drawbacks.....

OP, this happened to me last week. A guy I met at a party asked for my number, texted me later that night when I was already asleep, I replied the next morning and he never reached out to me again. That's just how it goes sometimes, there's no poor in tryna figure out why, because there's probably no real good reason.
Of course there is. There is ALWAYS a reason. In this case, the reason is that the guy was a boorish and rude individual with all the manners of a cretinous slug.

There you go.

losangelena
Of course there is. There is ALWAYS a reason. In this case, the reason is that the guy was a boorish and rude individual with all the manners of a cretinous slug.

There you go.

Haha, well when you put it that way ... :)

Well, I agree that it'd give her a definitive answer, I think she already has one. This is done and dusted, she needn't wait around for him.

TaraMaiden2
Haha, well when you put it that way ... :)

Well, I agree that it'd give her a definitive answer, I think she already has one. This is done and dusted, she needn't wait around for him.

The problem is, I think the OP is attracting the wrong kind of attention...

A perusal of her threads tends to leave her questioning the actions of guys she seems to attract....

Look, not everyone wants to get that texting back and forth started. It really annoys a lot of people to feel that once they say what they have to say, they're expected to just keep up a nonstop stream of texting. You don't even know each other. Why would he want to keep chit chatting back and forth? My guess is if you don't go off the rails from insecurity because he isn't a big texter, he might text or call when he has something to say, like ask you out. If you spill it all over texting, what on earth will you have left to talk about if you go out?