What would you do

shaldengeki

What would you do if you knew your girlfriend had cheated on both her previous boyfriends from long term relationships? Is this necessarily a pattern or can things change? We're so in love right now that I have to think that this time it will be different. But there's a little voice at the back of my head.

It's not a matter if she will cheat, but when. She has horrible coping skills. When troubles arise, she cheats instead of addressing the issues in the relationship. Dude you are in a real bad spot right now being so invested.

• Like 1

Her previous boyfriends probably thought the same thing. Your best predictor of your future together is to look at her history with other men. Smackie9 said it best, run.

• Like 2
We're so in love right now that I have to think that this time it will be different. But there's a little voice at the back of my head.

This is what everyone thinks...it's a fallacy that will leave you heartbroken everytime. Time to get out the running shoes and go for a marathon...

We're so in love right now that I have to think that this time it will be different.

I'm sure that's the way she and her ex-boyfriends felt at some point in their relationships. You're likely not the exception to the rule.

She seems to think that type of behavior is acceptable/justifiable and that is why she does it. If that is how she copes, likely she will do it again.

The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior.

It's more likely that yours will end the same way, but occasionally someone does mature and change their old habits. In general, I would say if she cheated when she was under 25 it's less worrisome than if she was still doing it at 30. Because when we're young, we like to be carefree, and for security reasons some women like to overlap men, which sucks for the men.