How not to think about him too much

What do you do to not think too much about the person you're dating/in a new relationship with? Lately, I've been catching myself thinking of this guy I've just started dating.

This always happens to me, every time I fall in love, the feeling and thought of being 'in love' takes over me. I've been with relationships before one of which I fell into depression for a few years and led me to this forum. Don't want to go through the same thing again. I'd like to think that I've grown up a bit from that experience and a little stronger emotionally now BUT I'm turning into this lovesick, obsessive mush again.

Help please and thanks in advance

Edited by Hersheys
  • Like 2
What do you do to not think too much about the person you're dating/in a new relationship with? Lately, I've been catching myself thinking of this guy I've just started dating.

*This always happens to me, every time I fall in love, the feeling and thought of being 'in love' takes over me. I've been with relationships before one of which I fell into depression for a few years and led me to this forum. Don't want to go through the same thing again. I'd like to think that I've grown up a bit from that experience and a little stronger emotionally now BUT I'm turning into this lovesick, obsessive mush again.

Help please and thanks in advance

"Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate."

- Carl Jung.

Being aware of it is half the battle!

Hmm, let's see what else... Past experience helps. When you loved someone so much in the past, it's like nobody else can fill those shoes. It kinda "puts a block" on one's emotions for future suitors.

Also, whenever my emotions get wildly out of control (in any situation, not just romantically), I do what I call a Mr. Spock - where I separate myself from myself and just observe what I'm going through, like taking notes for future analysis. Weird and probably encourages schizophrenia :confused: but it helps keep the feelings from overwhelming me.

• Like 1