should I feel like this,or I'm I overreacting

I was in a chat discussion the other night when the topic came up about what everyone had for supper.I'm a vegetarian and dont eat any meat.So I told this person that I had something with soy in it for supper.but,right away she pointed out how disgusting my food was.It really made me feel bad. Should I feel offended by this? Or I'm I over reacting? Should I tell her that she hurt my feelings?

You asked, "Should I feel offended by this?"

What makes you feel offended by this? What's wrong with people expressing their opinions? You have got to lighten up!

So what if she thinks that food containing soy products is disgusting? What does this have anything to do with you???? I'm still trying to figure out how you would feel offended by this?

You asked, "Or I'm I over reacting?"

WAY WAY WAY over...

"Should I tell her that she hurt my feelings?"

Actually, SHE didn't hurt your feelings. She has no control over your feelings. YOU and YOU only control your feelings. You allowed yourself to get hurt by someone's opinion about SOY, of all things!!!!

By the way, I love to eat meat.

And I think vegetarians are missing out on a lot.

And I think people who let themselves get upset by what someone says in a chatroom really need to re-evaluate their thinking.

But of course, these are just MY opinions.

Don't let others get to you. It's your life, do what you want. I like meat, but I don't go around doggin people that are vegetarian either. Go on with your life, don't worry so much about what people think.

I was in a chat discussion the other night when the topic came up about what everyone had for supper.I'm a vegetarian and dont eat any meat.So I told this person that I had something with soy in it for supper.but,right away she pointed out how disgusting my food was.It really made me feel bad. Should I feel offended by this? Or I'm I over reacting? Should I tell her that she hurt my feelings?