What is right and wrong ?

A friend of mine just broke it off with his girlfriend. Short term - he went out with her for only a month. He treated her like dirt. They would go out and he would flirt with other girls, dance with other girls, and kiss other girls. She would be upset and I would comfort her. She is a nice person, a bit too jealous at times, but in this circumstance, it was understandable.

The problem is, i sort of like this girl, she said that if she wasn't with my friend, I am definitely the type of guy she looks for. But I don't need to compromise any situations at this time, it would be awkward, even though my friend said, it's cool, it wouldn't be I think. And the fact that he's hooking up with his ex best friend now is weird.

SHould i just let this woman go because of wrong place, wrong time situation, or should i at least give it a try, since we both do like each other..?

Confused Fred...

A friend of mine just broke it off with his girlfriend. Short term - he went out with her for only a month. He treated her like dirt. They would go out and he would flirt with other girls, dance with other girls, and kiss other girls. She would be upset and I would comfort her. She is a nice person, a bit too jealous at times, but in this circumstance, it was understandable.

The problem is, i sort of like this girl, she said that if she wasn't with my friend, I am definitely the type of guy she looks for. But I don't need to compromise any situations at this time, it would be awkward, even though my friend said, it's cool, it wouldn't be I think. And the fact that he's hooking up with his ex best friend now is weird. SHould i just let this woman go because of wrong place, wrong time situation, or should i at least give it a try, since we both do like each other..? Confused Fred... dear fred, i think you should give it a try. your friend sounds like a jerk. he doesn't care about this woman (or any others, from the way you describe his behavior) and i see no reason not to go out with her. if he was a nice guy and had cared about their relationship then i would feel differently, but i don't think he cares one way or another! i hope you treat women better than your friend - beware - she may associate you with his behavior as you are friends! that's just my opinion - give it a try - h

You like this girl, she likes you. Go for it!

Forget about how this will affect your friendship with your guy friend. If he's a real friend, it won't change anything at all. True friends want each other to be happy, and they won't mind one bit if you're talking to a girl that you like.

He's not dating her anymore. It's totally over. What goes on between you and her is none of his business anyway.

:) Good luck

Give it a try for yourself and hers! If it doesn't work out, at least you can say you tried and it didn't slip by you. Have fun, if you feel akward around your friend, don't hang around your friend too much when you're with her. Good luck.

The problem is, i sort of like this girl, she said that if she wasn't with my friend, I am definitely the type of guy she looks for. But I don't need to compromise any situations at this time, it would be awkward, even though my friend said, it's cool, it wouldn't be I think. And the fact that he's hooking up with his ex best friend now is weird. SHould i just let this woman go because of wrong place, wrong time situation, or should i at least give it a try, since we both do like each other..? Confused Fred...

A friend of mine just broke it off with his

girlfriend. Short term - he went out with her for only a month. He treated her like dirt. They would go out and he would flirt with other girls, dance with other girls, and kiss other girls. She would be upset and I would comfort her. She is a nice person, a bit too jealous at times, but in this circumstance, it was understandable.

The problem is, i sort of like this girl, she said that if she wasn't with my friend, I am definitely the type of guy she looks for. But I don't need to compromise any situations at this time, it would be awkward, even though my friend said, it's cool, it wouldn't be I think. And the fact that he's hooking up with his ex best friend now is weird. SHould i just let this woman go because of wrong place, wrong time situation, or should i at least give it a try, since we both do like each other..? Confused Fred...

...CF: Fishbulb here. GO! GO! GO! Everything happens for a reason, and, really, timing is a man-made concept. Friends will understand or they won't. BE HAPPY!