I should have kissed her... right?

Hi there,

I've been talking to an old friend recently, I've known her for around 7 years now and I've liked her for as long as I remember, though back then she had no interest. More recently though we were saddened by the news that two of our friends from school had passed away. At the fist funeral I was stood atop a hill overlooking the cemetery when the coffin was being lowered and some speeches were being made, and she took my arm and stood close to me. I never thought much of it, under the circumstances I thought she probably just needed an arm like I did. After the wake of the second funeral we went back to a friends house with some other close friends from school, it was a bit cramped and she came straight across the room and sat with me on the arm of my chair (a bit to my surprise). After a while though she said she wanted to go for a walk and asked if I wanted to join her, which I did. So we left our friends and once outside she took my arm as we walked, she seemed happy and giggly. After a short while we came to an old abandoned Santa Clause land, which had a strange beauty and isolation about it. After we had looked around a little, we stood looking at the building and she hugged me, well, more embraced me. She put her arm around my back and rested her head on my chest, her other hand also resting on my chest. Periodically she would squeeze harder, pressing into me, or moving her hand up and down my side a bit. We stood like that for what felt like an eternity and after a while she leaned up and kissed me gently on the cheek before embracing me again, shortly after that she straightened the hug and put both arms around my shoulder's squeezing firmly before moving out of the hug. I wanted to kiss her so badly in that moment, I ran my hand down her arm to her hand as she moved out if the hug and we looked at each other for few seconds and she had a look in her eyes I haven't seen before, sort of big and beady, not teary but sort of glazed, I got nervous though, I turned my head and looked away. I don't have any experience with this stuff, I'm a virgin still and haven't been on a date or even kissed a girl. She let out a little sigh after a moment and took my hand and we continued our walk. When we got to the train station I sat and waited with her, even though she said I didn't have to. When her train arrived she hugged me, again pressing quite firmly and whispered 'thank you' softly in my ear before turning away and boarding...

...I should've kissed her at the old Santa Clause building.... Shouldn't I? I need advice on what to do now!

P.S. sorry about the length of this post :/

I'm thinking you definitely should've kissed her. A girl doesn't embrace a guy like that if she doesn't have romantic feelings for him. I'd say get in touch with her and ask her to go to dinner or something. She was putting out some pretty obvious signals that she likes you.

• Author
I'm thinking you definitely should've kissed her. A girl doesn't embrace a guy like that if she doesn't have romantic feelings for him. I'd say get in touch with her and ask her to go to dinner or something. She was putting out some pretty obvious signals that she likes you.

Yeah I thought I should've, I regret wimping out so bad. Yeah I think I'll definitely ask her out, and try to not wimp out again if the moment comes back!

thanks, I appreciate the advice!

Yes, you should have kissed her.

If you are shy I shouldn't recommend asking her out for dinner... It's really heavy face to face for a first date.

It's easier to do sports ( stuff like indoor climbing, squash, badminton,... ) or going to a nice place like a zoo/amusement park... There it will be easier to talk about stuff that is happening around you, it's less 'in the face'.

Good luck my friend, and go get that girls heart! She really has to be interested in you if she wants to go for a walk and being that close!

• Author
Yes, you should have kissed her.

If you are shy I shouldn't recommend asking her out for dinner... It's really heavy face to face for a first date.

It's easier to do sports ( stuff like indoor climbing, squash, badminton,... ) or going to a nice place like a zoo/amusement park... There it will be easier to talk about stuff that is happening around you, it's less 'in the face'.

Good luck my friend, and go get that girls heart! She really has to be interested in you if she wants to go for a walk and being that close!

Yeah the more I think back the more obvious it seems now, I cant believe I that opportunity slip through my fingers! yeah that actually makes sense thanks, maybe another walk? she seemed to enjoy that before and I think having the two of us alone would relax things a lot perhaps?

Yeah the more I think back the more obvious it seems now, I cant believe I that opportunity slip through my fingers! yeah that actually makes sense thanks, maybe another walk? she seemed to enjoy that before and I think having the two of us alone would relax things a lot perhaps?

yeah a walk sounds cool :-)

It's not strange that you didn't take the opportunity=>

it's new for you

it was kinda a special occasion

Just don't think to much about it, try not to be stressy and don't have 1000 doom scenario's in your head. Just enjoy being together.

Don't beat yourself up about it!! I actually think it's nice and says a lot about the guy when he doesn't just go charging forward at the first hint that a girl is interested. I'm sure she thinks so too.

I like the other poster's idea about a zoo or museum. Mini golf and bowling are good options on a first date too because there are opportunities to laugh and be playful. Dinner is usually not a good idea for a first date because there's so much pressure put on keeping the conversation flowing. I actually only suggested it because you already know her. But if you're on the shy side, then the other poster is right.

Don't stress about the date. It's obvious that this girl isn't shy about dropping hints, so you'll know when there's a green light to make a move. I can't imagine this happening, but if for some reason, she doesn't offer up the opportunity for a kiss during the date, then go for it when you drop her off at home and walk her to the door. But I seriously wouldn't worry about that. I'm 99% sure she's going to create the opportunity for you if she doesn't just go for it all on her own.