What changed you from "friend" to "oh, I like her a lot?"

FrenchAGD82

Men,

I'm in a predicament where I fall hard for a male friend after hanging out in group settings for a while and the guy doesn't reciprocate in the same way. I fear it may be because he's not interested in me or that I've lost some sort of time "window." Are there moments where you see your female friends differently and we become "dateable?" "sexier?" Or are we always dateable to you guys? I know it's not some on/off button, but, there has to be something.

i can't stop being myself, but, if I need to be more flirty or more honest about my feelngs, than I may consider it.

If he's not interested, I don't see the point trying to get him to do it anyway. I mean, it's doubtful he'd fall for you, although he might take advantage of you for a one-niter.

But if you think he thinks of you as a buddy or something and hasn't seen your feminine side, then by all means wear a dress and slow a small amount of cleavage. But that's if you haven't already done so, which I can't imagine you wouldn't have...

There are some women who for some reason think guys want to see them in men's clothes and sporty clothes, but most me like the contract and aren't looking for someone who dresses like them.

• Like 1
  • Author
FrenchAGD82

Yeah, I agree-I need to probably show my feminine side a bit more, but, I dont' want to lose myself completely. I feel like I've "missed" something that everyone seemed to have learned as a teenager and here I am at 33, trying to figure out dating, body language and social cues.

MachineGunFunk

It only happened once and it took about a week or two to happen.

We would laugh a lot , joke around, and enjoying our company together. I never thought about love until I stared into her eyes as we were joking around. I fell in love just instantly like that. Back then I didn't knew what it was. I found out it must have been love because I never felt so intense about anyone. Then I asked her out and she said no.

Took me another two weeks to move on and we weren't friends anymore.