how old is too old

I've been divorced for a long time.i've tried mingling with the younger crowd and it hasn't gone very well.should I just accept my fate and hang around old people?

GunslingerRoland

I think if you consider people your own age, 'Old People' that probably isn't the first step to fitting in with a young hip crowd.

Also I get that as a newly divorced person, you want to date young hot girls... but what are you offering them to make up for the fact that you are much older? You might be a really nice guy, but to stand out from a ton of other older men that would want to date them, do you have great looks? A fancy car? Lots of money? A strong magnetic personality?

I've been divorced a long time too...

It all Depends upon what you're trying to accomplish. If you are hanging with young people because you are doing things that they happen to enjoy also, IMO, there is no such thing as to old.

I.E going to see a certain band because you like them, even if the demographic is considerably younger than you ( I do this quite a bit, however, I'm not trying to pick up the women who could be my daughter..or even granddaughter, I am listening to the music.)

If you are looking for someone to date...then, yeah, I'd stick closer to your own age range. I'm 55, and I don't date much younger than 5 years or so, same for upwards age.

I don't know how much younger this crowd is your hanging with but usualy when people say that, its considerably younger. So, unless you want a reputation as a creepy old dude, don't hang with them trying to pick up the ladies. Hang with them if you like the company and what they are doing but...don't be the creepy old dude ;)

• Like 4
GorillaTheater

The people I count as my friends have an age range of close to 60 years, although the bulk of them are within 10 years of my age due probably to common ground. I'd feel weird though deliberately seeking out "young" friends.

If we're talking about women, specifically, I suspect if I was single I'd seek out women about my age, due again to the probability of common ground and common life experiences. Do you have an issue with women your age?

I've been divorced for a long time.i've tried mingling with the younger crowd and it hasn't gone very well.should I just accept my fate and hang around old people?

IMO, hang out with people whom you find common ground and synergy with, irrespective of age. You're officially too old when they put you in the ground or in the oven.

• Like 3
loveweary11

In order to pull this off, you have to reinvent yourself, become "hot", become financially secure, become "cool AF."

Example? Emojis are now going out of style. Gotta know these things.

It's a lot of work, actually. Be ready to put that work in to pull attractive younger women from guys their age.

It can be done. At 55, 30+ seems reachable. I wouldn't shoot for 19 year old girls. That's next to impossible at 55.

Best of luck with it. It's certainly a skill to develop and you had better change a lot of your tastes and habits to continually discover the new things.

For me, I did this so well, people my own age are less likely to like me or have things in common with me.

So beware of that.

PS: Just answering the thread title itself... anything over 21 in the States. The last age one strives to reach. ha ha ha

Edited by loveweary11
brothers343

I would look at magazines.....older gentleman these days have a since of style, they look refined. If your going bald and you have a good round head I would shave it. Bald is in these days. The days of wearing grandma and grandpa clothes are over. Start exercising more, eat right. Just a few tips. There's plenty of woman that like older man. If you don't fine them, they will find you. Good luck.

Michelle ma Belle

As already mentioned, it depends on what your end game is.

One of my best friends is 17 years younger than me yet she's about as old of a soul as you'll ever find. Another good friend is 10 years older than me but still young at heart. In the end we all mesh because we meet somewhere in the middle on all levels.

With regards to dating, that's a whole other ball of wax. I agree, you don't want to be the old creepy dude hanging out at the end of the bar scoping out the young chickens on their way to use the potty.

Aim for somewhere in the middle there too. Age is just a number at the end of the day but there are some boundaries one needs to consider so as not to strike out before you even get up to bat.

Good luck.

Edited by Michelle ma Belle

We often see older men wanting to be with younger women.

In my opinion, having dated young and mature women, they don't know what they're missing.

Heck, I even had one woman in her teens and in her forties. She was my girlfriend in our teens. My lover in our forties. She is so much better in her forties. So much more knowledgeable. Much more comfortable with her body. More open-minded. Yes, her body has matured. But, she's as much fun as always and the sex is crazy good.

Younger women may represent ... something ... to us, but they are not automatically better for us.

In dating, I think it's a good idea to give ourselves more options. Never can tell where we might find happiness and satisfaction.

• Like 4
BettyDraper
I would look at magazines.....older gentleman these days have a since of style, they look refined. If your going bald and you have a good round head I would shave it. Bald is in these days. The days of wearing grandma and grandpa clothes are over. Start exercising more, eat right. Just a few tips. There's plenty of woman that like older man. If you don't fine them, they will find you. Good luck.

I like my men between 5-10 years older than I. I find older men very sexy, refined and chivalrous. I also find older men to be more accepting and patient..they also make far better lovers. Shaved heads make me melt inside; a man with a nicely shaped bald head looks so virile. My husband shaved his head when he started to lose his hair and it looks nice with his beard.

I agree that plenty of women like older men...within reason. I don't think that most women like men who are old enough to be their fathers unless the much older man is wealthy. Even then, I don't know a lot of women who would find a man 20+ their senior to be attractive.

• Like 1

You would love it where I live. Over 100,000 senior citizens covering three counties. There are about 8 women for each man and the competition is fierce. Some will do anything for a guy or accept a friends with benefit relationship. Most of the men do not want to have a steady girlfriend because they can literally have sex with two or more women each day. Some of the women are looking for a new husband so there is room for anyway you would like to go.

I am married and women are always chatting me up. They are everywhere I go. There are other places like mine. Sun City in Arizona comes to mind and of course there are many places in Florida and other warm States. There is one other benefit, many of these widowed women want to try all the things their ex husbands would not do in bed or things they want to experience before they die. There is even a wife swapping club but no one wanted to swap their golf cart for my wife. :)

PinkElephants

I agree that it depends on what you're trying to accomplish and how young this young crowd is. When I was in my early 20's I had a hobby that consisted of mostly people my age. Every now and then someone a few decades older would show up and generally be regarded as creepy. The age gap was simply too much at the time.

As I've gotten older things have changed a bit. I see from previous posts that you're now 66. I have coworkers that age and whether or not I hang out with them totally depends on the individual. I have 60 year old coworkers that are fun, young at heart, interesting people that I enjoy talking to and it's not uncommon for groups of us to gather for happy hour. Then I have 60 year old coworkers who are needy and desperate and to be avoided at all costs because you can smell the weird on them. If your goal is to hang out and be friends I don't see why that couldn't happen as long as you're a normal guy.

Dating is another story. You're almost my dad's age, well over twice my age, and under no circumstances would I date someone that old. You have to consider it from your target's point of view. Why would a 25, 30, 35 year old woman date an older, soft bodied, more settled man when she can have a 30 year old with rock hard abs, a strong jaw line, decades of wild sex ahead of him, the desire and ability to have and raise children, and the desire and ability to have crazy adventures and share experiences that will turn into the fondest memories?

Aim for someone who offers what you offer in return.

• Like 1

I don't know if I can add anything new, but maybe point out some things using different phrases.

You're around 16 years older than I am. I've had a lifetime of really substandard sex. I'm financially stable. I'm a bit tubby, but on a good day, I can pull off cute. I've never been sexy a day in my life.

I want someone my age or a couple years younger. I realize you never know what life will hand you, but I want some years of good sex and physical activity. There's a couple of things I like to do atheletically and I want someone who can do that. I don't think I can score a man 5 years younger or more. Which is too bad, but at that age they haven't ruled out having children and I have ruled out children...or at least my body has.

Which brings me to my next point. Why are you so geared toward someone younger? They are not at the same stage of life as you are. You probably aren't thinking of having children. You're probably retired. Are you able to support someone else and their hobbies or interests? If not, then they will have to work and won't be all chipper and content at the end of the day. They won't be eager to cook and clean up after you and thrilled to drop to their knees to service you every night.

What do you have to offer a younger woman? What do you bring to the table that will make the next 20-25 years of her life (assuming you live that long) better? My guess is you want both a tight, firm body AND someone young enough to take care of you when you can't do it all yourself anymore.

It would take someone pretty special for me to sign on for the potential of changing adult diapers in 10-15 years.

I'd feel resentful and robbed. I'd feel like he had no interest in taking care of me and providing for ME.

Rereading what I wrote and it is harsher sounding than I meant. I'm not trying to be hostile, I'm just cutting to the chase and avoiding a lot of flowery words.

What is too young for a 66 year old man? I'd say anything under 56 and you'd better be stepping up your game. You'd better have some money, be great looking, be amazing in bed or be a fantastic mate.

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...