Friends... ?

Umm... hi. I don't really know where else to go for this, so... here goes.

This girl and I have been friends for about 2 years. During that time, we have gotten really close, and I trusted her with a lot of things no one else knows about me. She never stood in judgment of me or anything like that, and as a result, our friendship grew stronger.

Anyway, in the past 2 months or so, I started to have strong romantic feelings for this girl, and one of her best friends told me they were shared. I knew I had better talk to her about it herself, so I did. I told her my feelings and all, and her response was simple: "I don't know." I want to give her time to think it over and all, but this is

killing me in the meantime. What should I do?

Umm... hi. I don't really know where else to go for this, so... here goes. This girl and I have been friends for about 2 years. During that time, we have gotten really close, and I trusted her with a lot of things no one else knows about me. She never stood in judgment of me or anything like that, and as a result, our friendship grew stronger. Anyway, in the past 2 months or so, I started to have strong romantic feelings for this girl, and one of her best friends told me they were shared. I knew I had better talk to her about it herself, so I did. I told her my feelings and all, and her response was simple: "I don't know." I want to give her time to think it over and all, but this is killing me in the meantime. What should I do?

J.P.,

May I recommend you read the responses to Patti's posting as well. Keep yourself busy. If she's worth the wait, then give her the time to really make a decision she's going to be happy with. You don't want to go out with someone who's unsure of their feelings. In the meantime, continue being the friends that you are and just keep quiet about anything further. Eventually she'll feel comfortable with a decision and whichever way it goes, you'll always have that strong, close friendship you value so right now. Just don't press the issue and don't let yourselves slip apart. Some things are just worth the wait ;)

Best wishes to you,

LoveAngel