Dear Love Shack Community,

I myself would like to gather some insight on your feelings today on what is considered good and bad flirting. I've never really been taught, mentored, nor guided on how to flirt... (as I'm sure many others haven't either) I've tried reading guides through online articles that have helped a little, but I don't really feel like I've developed that much over the few months, especially after receiving 3 straight rejections from all the girls I've asked out.

I'm fully aware that this is a truly subjective question and will receive varying answers, but I'd really appreciate some rule of thumb on how to flirt the right way, and what is flirting in the wrong way.

Note: It's probably important to add that I'm currently only 17 and in highschool. Hope that helps. :)

Thanks

Go on the Google net or youtube and you will find videos on tips and techniques on how to flirt.

Bad flirting is aggressive & focuses physicality & sex, especially in a vulgar way.

Good flirting is more about putting the other person at ease through a genuine smile, meaningful but not intimidating eye contact (glance, then look away, do not stare) and a bit of humor. Light touches can also be helpful, a brush of the arm, moving a strand of hair from her face etc.

As an appalling old flirt myself, I flirt with literally every adult woman I meet, I would say the most important thing is to pay attention to the person you are flirting with. Listen to what they are saying, be sensitive to how they react to you and respond to you and generally pay attention to them.

I've seen so many guys just blundering forward trying to escalate the flirting with a woman that is just obviously not interested and is trying to extricate herself from the situation. It's embarrassing to watch. They're all about pushing forward their flirting regardless of the woman's response.

If you can be sensitive to how she feels you'll do fine.

• Author
As an appalling old flirt myself, I flirt with literally every adult woman I meet, I would say the most important thing is to pay attention to the person you are flirting with. Listen to what they are saying, be sensitive to how they react to you and respond to you and generally pay attention to them.

I've seen so many guys just blundering forward trying to escalate the flirting with a woman that is just obviously not interested and is trying to extricate herself from the situation. It's embarrassing to watch. They're all about pushing forward their flirting regardless of the woman's response.

If you can be sensitive to how she feels you'll do fine.

Thanks Davey,

I'm pretty bad at reading people, just going to throw that out there. Is there any tips you have on things to look out for that are a sign I'm doing well with the process? Better yet, is there anything I can do to improve my chances rather than worsening them.