Help on possibly flirtatious email

Ok everybody...this one's for my friend of mine...She don't have access to a computer at the moment so she asked me if I would post this for her. Thanks in advance for your help on this...

Here is an email that was sent from my friend's BF. If this would have been in his PAST my friend would have overlooked it. BUT the reason for her concern is because the email was sent to this girl from my friend's BF ON THE DAY THEY STARTED GOING OUT...

Let me give you a little info first though: The girl that he sent this to was his boss at work a few years ago, and supposabily also a friend. He says that's all she ever was. No crush, no sexual stuff. THIS IS WHAT HE SAYS.

Now, what my friend is asking you guys to do is read the email and tell us what you think the intention was. Was it flirty? Or just friendly? Or nothing to worry about? She's upset for the fact that it seemed a bit flirty and also for the fact that they were supposed to be a couple, and there he was writing sweet emails....Tell us what u guys thing...Thanks again :)

Well I dont mean to be mean and if i did im sorry, So hows life

>treating you? its been awhile since I heard or wrote a email longer

>than 5 words to ya so whatsuppp/? When am I going to get to see

>you again? I havent seen that smiling face in so long I can hardly

>remember what it looks like... Although Im shure i will never

>fully forget.... well I hope you call me stop by and see me and or

>just write back... Im not gonna lie I rarely check my email anymore

>cause you quit writing but ill check more often in hopes you find

>interest in talking to me again.... -J

:bunny:

It really doesn't sound that bad to me. Maybe a bit flirty, but in a completely friendly and innocent way.

By the day they started going out, do you mean their first date or had they been dating prior to this and that was the day they agreed to get serious and only see each other? If it's their first date or something like that, then she's blowing it completely out of proportion.

If the email was sent on the first day they were going out, then the relationship between your girlfriend and this guy wasn't exactly serious yet. Am I correct?

If so, he really can't be faulted for that.

HOWEVER…it seems he may have been less-than-forthcoming regarding his true feelings for his female boss. It seems just a bit too chummy and casual between them. At least on his part. Maybe nothing serious ever happened between them. Which is why he was quick to refer to it as just a casual "friendship." A lot of people think that if there is no sex involved, then intention or wishful thinking doesn't count. Not so long as that line hasn't been crossed. But I'd wager a bet he did have a "crush" on his boss, although it may not have been reciprocated.

Looks to me as if your girlfriend came along just as this guy's hopes were starting to fizzling out. I don't think there is anything for your friend to worry about unless she knows for certain he's still pining over this woman or still trying to contact her. Given what she's found, I wouldn't buy the "just friends" excuse anymore if he tries to play that card again in the future. Hopefully it's over and he won't. ;)

Well, to me it sounds a little too nice but if it wasnt during the time they were together exclusively, she really doesnt have anything to argue. Everyone has a past - some like to candy coat the details...whatever the case, she cant prove anything off of this email so I'd take it for what its worth and forget it.

• Author
By the day they started going out, do you mean their first date or had they been dating prior to this and that was the day they agreed to get serious and only see each other?

It was the day that they started actually going out exclusively. My GF's thing is that she don't understand why if this man was supposabily talking and seeking to date her seriously, why was he also trying to get other girls to come see him...

I don't think there is anything for your friend to worry about unless she knows for certain he's still pining over this woman or still trying to contact her.

No even I know for a fact that he dosen't talk to / email the girl anymore.

Well, to me it sounds a little too nice but if it wasnt during the time they were together exclusively, she really doesnt have anything to argue. Everyone has a past - some like to candy coat the details...whatever the case, she cant prove anything off of this email so I'd take it for what its worth and forget it.

I totally agree :)

Thanks everybody for your opinions! :bunny:

Hope that I can be of some help to u guys one of these days :D