Would you rather date a single mother or a serial abortionist?

earlymorningshakes

I'm a woman but I definitely say single mother.

Setting aside my personal belief that abortion is murder...I agree with the PP that said multiple abortions shows irresponsibility. I once knew a girl who actually said abortions were her form of birth control. (How hard is it to take a pill???) I don't know how many she had but by the way she talked, I would bet it was more than you could count on one hand. :confused:

RecentChange

Well - I am a female, who never wants children. I am also not religious and have zero moral issues with early term abortions. I imagine if I was male, I would feel the same.

So I would choose "abortionist" (ugh, what a term) over a single mom.

I also think having a "what if an accidental pregnancy were to happen" talk should take place before even casual sex. I couldn't imagine being a dude and sleeping with women - not knowing where they stand on this. Talk about playing Russian roulette!

So, if you are comfortable with the idea of an unplanned child - pick the single mom. If it's a reality you could not accept, go with the "abortionist".

• Like 1
I'd be happy to date a single dad, but probably would never think to ask if a man had impregnated several women who aborted.

How do people feel about that guy?

Yeah, my question was going to be: would you date a single dad or a man that got several women pregnant but decided not to stick around?

• Like 2
Yeah, my question was going to be: would you date a single dad or a man that got several women pregnant but decided not to stick around?

Single dad, every time!

I'd have zero issue with sharing my resources (time, money, love) with another woman's child.

• Like 1

With the assumption that I had to pick one (and couldn't just walk away alone) I'd pick the single dad. I was the kid whose father didn't stick around for me and I could never be with a man who wasn't there for his own kid(s)

• Like 2
Single dad, every time!

I'd have zero issue with sharing my resources (time, money, love) with another woman's child.

With the assumption that I had to pick one (and couldn't just walk away alone) I'd pick the single dad. I was the kid whose father didn't stick around for me and I could never be with a man who wasn't there for his own kid(s)

So are we going to link 'women who had several abortions' with 'men who don't stick around'? Just to create a full picture.

• Like 1

Basic premise:

Chose to marry:

A single mom

A woman that had her baby taken from the womb and killed

From those two choices I pick the single mom.

scorpiogirl
Single dad, every time!

I wouldn't mind being a part of a child's life, even though they weren't mine. At my age few men don't have children and I have no issue with that.

I hope the charming "gentlemen" who don't want to raise another man's child, never by some weird twist of fate end up a single father trying to date. May they be rejected, as they would reject single mothers.

• Like 3

I hope the charming "gentlemen" who don't want to raise another man's child, never by some weird twist of fate end up a single father trying to date. May they be rejected, as they would reject single mothers.

:mad: How dare you? I'm a romantic!

Just have no desire to be a cuck, that's all. If I decide to raise children, they will be my own.

scorpiogirl

Just have no desire to be a cuck, that's all. If I decide to raise children, they will be my own.

If you're a cuckold, you're married to a woman who is cheating on you, and ( sometimes yes, it means) you're unknowingly raising another man's children.

A single woman who comes into the relationship with children that you know aren't yours, cannot cuckold you.

• Like 4
PrettyEmily77
If you're a cuckold, you're married to a woman who is cheating on you, and ( sometimes yes, it means) you're unknowingly raising another man's children.

A single woman who comes into the relationship with children that you know aren't yours, cannot cuckold you.

I think it's one of those Red Pill things, SG - they tend to totally reinvent the meaning of otherwise perfectly-well defined words / societal concepts.

ETA: I did genuinely check (it's not even sarcasm).

Edited by PrettyEmily77
  • Like 4

What would you call a woman who parents a step child?

What about adoptive parents?

I don't understand how it is a bad thing to gain a child.

• Like 2
So, women who never had kids, it's implied that they had an abortion or many abortions? And, because we never got preggo and/or have kids that we're less dignified than a woman who has kids?

I'm like 40, never got preggo and never had an abortion. I believe I'm fertile, but simply was responsible about not getting knocked up. Actually, I'm having my period right now. Spent most of the day on the toilet :o, am bloated, still have nausea and cravings for greasy food :mad:

So, I'm sorry for being responsible and not bringing a child in the world when tons of women are either careless about getting knocked up, do it for selfish reasons and/or with a guy who wasn't right to have a kid and/or a family with :rolleyes: then, walk around like they're more important than others cuz they did an act that any mammal can do (getting pregnant and birthing a child).

I don't think the OP meant to suggest that. You most deff, on your period, because you totally took this question out of context and read something else crazy.

• Like 2
As a woman I don't date women. That said, . . .

The single mother.

Multiple abortions signal irresponsibility & selfishness too me. One abortion is different. Every woman I know who ever had an abortion it had a profound effect on her. I can't imagine the emotional toll multiple procedures would take. Also this person's choices don't align with my moral values.

Um, I would think having abortion is being responsible. She's not bringing a child into this world where she can't afford it, or even want to love it. She won't make her child suffer, like many unfit mothers who do.

I would rather let a woman have abortion than have some poor innocent hungry child.

• Like 1

If a man isn't considered "responsible" for a woman he marries that (with or w/o kids) then why does the insurance/benefits, alimony, etc. stop if a woman remarries? I mean, child support (if she's getting it) won't stop, but I'm sure if a ex finds out she remarries, he's gonna look at how he can reduce the child support he's sending.

I don't understand how it is a bad thing to gain a child.

Because I'm not running around all over the place raising random children like Mary Poppins.

If I'd have that daft mentality, then by now I'd have done that for multiple kids, none of which are mine, and none of which I'd have any rights to anyway. Might as well have M-U-G tattooed across my head.

Nothing against single mum's; I enjoy their company. Just because I don't want to be a surrogate father doesn't mean I dislike them, or don't find them attractive. But it's a more limited relationship based on this.

Because I'm not running around all over the place raising random children like Mary Poppins.

If I'd have that daft mentality, then by now I'd have done that for multiple kids, none of which are mine, and none of which I'd have any rights to anyway. Might as well have M-U-G tattooed across my head.

Nothing against single mum's; I enjoy their company. Just because I don't want to be a surrogate father doesn't mean I dislike them, or don't find them attractive. But it's a more limited relationship based on this.

Again, this makes no sense. Casual dating should be kept separate from the kids, regardless. There is no parenting of other people's kids involved in casual dating--or at least there seriously shouldn't be.

Serious relationships can lead to blended families and step children. Obviously, people don't invest that way with multiple people and random kids like Mary Poppins. It's creating a family.

• Like 1

What you said?

What you said?

My bad.

Mug

1. British slang for a fool or someone who will do anything for you if you just ask.

hasaquestion
Um, I would think having abortion is being responsible. She's not bringing a child into this world where she can't afford it, or even want to love it. She won't make her child suffer, like many unfit mothers who do.

I would rather let a woman have abortion than have some poor innocent hungry child.

Not only is it their body, but the biggest problem on this planet as far as I'm concerned is that there are too many babies. I wouldn't fault someone for not contributing to it on principle.

• Like 1
Not only is it their body, but the biggest problem on this planet as far as I'm concerned is that there are too many babies. I wouldn't fault someone for not contributing to it on principle.

A woman willing to kill her own flesh and blood because there are 'too many humans on the planet', is probably a complete and utter nutcase.

Absolute madness.

• Like 1
hasaquestion
A woman willing to kill her own flesh and blood because there are 'too many humans on the planet', is probably a complete and utter nutcase.

Absolute madness.

And I find the concept that one can arbitrarily assign humanity to a collection of biological matter that would be classified as dead using accepted benchmarks madness. To each their own.

• Like 1
And I find the concept that one can arbitrarily assign humanity to a collection of biological matter that would be classified as dead using accepted benchmarks madness. To each their own.

No, science most certainly hasn't come to a consensus on what would classify as the start of human life.

But hey, easier to kill stuff when you dehumanize it first.

'Collection of biological matter'. Pfft.

I actually can entertain certain points of view regarding abortion. Your's just happened to be the most absurd reason ever. Indicative of an extremist IMO.

Whatever next? Better have an abortion because of global warming?

Yeah, I would view that woman as a bit nuts.

Edited by Jabron1
  • Like 1
hasaquestion
No, science most certainly hasn't come to a consensus on what would classify as the start of human life.

But hey, easier to kill stuff when you dehumanize it first.

'Collection of biological matter'. Pfft.

I actually can entertain certain points of view regarding abortion. Your's just happened to be the most absurd reason ever. Indicative of an extremist IMO.

Whatever next? Better have an abortion because of global warming?

Yeah, I would view that woman as a bit nuts.

I can entertain any personal point of view that doesn't involve imposing it on others.

If someone feels that abortions are the slaughter of a human soul, then that is their right and they should not be pressured to believe differently. I'm not going to tell them they're wrong to believe that.

It's only when people feel the need to impose their convictions on someone else's life that I object.