Is FWB not interested anymore? [update! 2016-08-01]

• Author
Well, what do you want?

Are you happy with way things are now? Could you be happy whether or not he wanted more?

Are you afraid to bring this up in fear you're gonna mess up the current good deal/arrangement?

I feel ya cuz you sorta wanna know where you stand, cuz maybe he's looking to see if you feel the same way before he puts his heart out to you and you're open to it turning into something more if that's the case?

I liked the way it was. My last boyfriend was very clingy and controlling so having the fun part without someone always attached was great. Yeah, I don't want to mess it up by asking him too much. I'd want to know if he's catching feelings because I wouldn't feel right continuing it. I care about him in the friend sense, but I can't see the being in a relationship with him.

• Author
Why do people assume that these guys are sweet talking us cuz they wanna keep the sex coming? The things I do with them are not to keep them coming around for more, I mean it and it feels good. My current guy, he is freakin great in bed, when he's doing this and that I'm like "dang". I'm not saying it to placate him...and I enjoy kissing him and genuinely give a hoot how his day's going.

Exactly. He knows he can get it without sweet talking me. That's the whole idea. But he's avoiding having sex but keeps intiating the texts to hook up. That's what's confusing.

Exactly. He knows he can get it without sweet talking me. That's the whole idea. But he's avoiding having sex but keeps intiating the texts to hook up. That's what's confusing.

Well, either you have the "talk" or not. That's the only way you 're gonna know for sure where you stand.

Will it result in spooking him? Maybe. But what "if" he's catchingfeelings for you and since you're not reciprocating he bails? What if he has other FWBs and/or someone he's dating and is putting you on the back burner...then you need to get another FWB then instead of sitting around waiting on him.

Either way, if you have the talk or not, I somehow feel this may end.

Good luck :)

Edited by Gloria25
  • Author
Well, either you have the "talk" or not. That's the only way you 're gonna know for sure where you stand.

Will it result in spooking him? Maybe. But what "if" he's catchingfeelings for you and since you're not reciprocating he bails? What if he has other FWBs and/or someone he's dating and is putting you on the back burner...then you need to get another FWB then instead of sitting around waiting on him.

Either way, if you have the talk or not, I somehow feel this may end.

Thanks. He finally did come over and actually stayed the night. Much of the next day too. Trying to tickle and cuddle with me and watching movies. So, I think I have my answer.

Thanks. He finally did come over and actually stayed the night. Much of the next day too. Trying to tickle and cuddle with me and watching movies. So, I think I have my answer.

Ummmm, ok then..

• 4 weeks later...
  • Author

I have a fwb I've been seeing for a couple months. Lately, he's been hitting me up almost every day. Sometimes to just hang out and not hook up. He's invited me to go places his friends or coworkers are a couple times. He works at a place I frequent and I came in with a guy he knows is just my friend, but I kept catching him watching me and he never lets me leave without hugging me. He's started hanging out for hours after we hook up when he use to just leave.

The other night he somehow misunderstood and thought I was coming to his house after work. We really hadn't made plans. But when he called I said I was going home since I'd been drinking. He got kind of upset with me saying I was changing plans. He eventually took a cab over to my house even though I said we could hook up later. He still pouted for awhile after he got here.

He would get frustrated if I broke plans as a friend before but not as bad. He hardly ever talks about other girls but I know he talks to a couple. I don't ever ask what he's doing or with who, but he asks me all the time. Is it possible he's feeling more than just friends with benefits now?

stillafool

Could be. If it's bothering you maybe it's time to have a talk with him and remind him that you are just FWBs and nothing more.

Uh, I think there was a similar thread not too long ago?

So, you haven't had the "talk" with him yet?

• Like 1
Lois_Griffin

It could also be that he simply doesn't want any other dogs playing with his toys. Guys are weird about marking their territory.

• Like 1
BrainMangler

Yeah he is trying to move it more towards a relationship. This happens with most FWB situations. Either move towards a relationship or break it off and find someone else.

TaraMaiden2
I am. Was just wanted other opinions. Didn't know if I was reading it wrong.

The thing is, every thread you have posted has been about your FWB.

I think you have a far deeper interest in him than just as a fwb.

He's more to you than just an occasional f**kbuddy, so you want to actually check whether this is more of a relationship than you would have anyone believe....

Never mind his feelings....Isn't it time you began to be a bit more honest with yourself....?

• Like 3
I have a fwb I've been seeing for a couple months. Lately, he's been hitting me up almost every day. Sometimes to just hang out and not hook up. He's invited me to go places his friends or coworkers are a couple times. He works at a place I frequent and I came in with a guy he knows is just my friend, but I kept catching him watching me and he never lets me leave without hugging me. He's started hanging out for hours after we hook up when he use to just leave.

The other night he somehow misunderstood and thought I was coming to his house after work. We really hadn't made plans. But when he called I said I was going home since I'd been drinking. He got kind of upset with me saying I was changing plans. He eventually took a cab over to my house even though I said we could hook up later. He still pouted for awhile after he got here.

He would get frustrated if I broke plans as a friend before but not as bad. He hardly ever talks about other girls but I know he talks to a couple. I don't ever ask what he's doing or with who, but he asks me all the time. Is it possible he's feeling more than just friends with benefits now?

Some naive guys use the FWB to try to hook a lady into a real relationship.

Also, pretending to think you two had plans when you did not that's another way to be with the lady, when she really turned the guy down.

This guy sounds very insecure. He definitely is not FWB material.

• 1 month later...
  • Author

My FWB asks my friend details if he knows I go out on a date. Or he's always asking where I'm going and with who. He told me he's stopped sleeping with other women to respect my wishes (I didn't ask him to do that) but still hangs out with other women. He stays over, checks on me when I'm sick and when I take trips, etc.

I don't know if he's telling her he does like me or saying she was wrong in this text.

My friend: "I half wondered if you'd liked her as more than your **** buddy but I shut up bc I was probably wrong"

Him: "That's not necessarily true but she seems to have interest in others anyway so we can just roll with the punches I guess"

• Like 1

He's saying that he doesn't much care what you do, because your 'relationship' is just a casual thing.

• Like 1
  • Author

So why get an attitude and message my friends asking questions when I don't answer or I'm out with other people

• Like 1
So why get an attitude and message my friends asking questions when I don't answer or I'm out with other people

In the fb/fwb situation few men in reality can cope with sleeping with women who are also sleeping with other men.

Hence I guess why he is so interested who you are seeing/dating and potentially sleeping with.

Fwb can often be a one way street, HE sees other women whilst SHE is supposed to only be sleeping with him.

It is an arrangement that is often geared up to suit men more than women.

• Like 2
  • Author
Its just casual chatter.

Getting mad is casual chatter? Guess I'm doin it wrong then bc I don't ever ask or get mad.

Why is he saying he stopped seeing other women to respect your wishes? If you didn't ask him to do this didn't you ask him what is he talking about?

• Author
Why is he saying he stopped seeing other women to respect your wishes? If you didn't ask him to do this didn't you ask him what is he talking about?

I asked but he avoided the question. The only thing I ever said to him was that we needed to use protection if we slept with other people. Which I repeated when he said that in case he misunderstood. I've just also assumed he was with other women and never asked.

juniorrocha

I normally agree with Satu on everything (hehe), but this time I can't see it as casual chatter. I would say that he knows where you guys stand and don't want to ruin that, but maybe he has feelings for you beyond the FWB situation.

I'm a guy, I have a FWB who lives very close to me, we often hang out and I couldn't care less if she's sleeping with other dudes. We don't have anything serious, she's free to do that and I'm okay with that. I don't have any feelings for her. Can't say he acts the same way, but it appears to me that he's developing something for you. My two cents.

• Author
I normally agree with Satu on everything (hehe), but this time I can't see it as casual chatter. I would say that he knows where you guys stand and don't want to ruin that, but maybe he has feelings for you beyond the FWB situation.

I'm a guy, I have a FWB who lives very close to me, we often hang out and I couldn't care less if she's sleeping with other dudes. We don't have anything serious, she's free to do that and I'm okay with that. I don't have any feelings for her. Can't say he acts the same way, but it appears to me that he's developing something for you. My two cents.

I actually asked him if we could just be friends for awhile when I noticed him starting to get mad at me a lot. I told him flat out it was getting to complicated and he started asking a bunch of questions saying he didn't think I was telling him the whole truth. Then he'd make little comments about not liking that we weren't hooking up anymore.

juniorrocha

Well, I suppose you should be clear with him. Why not tell him the reasons why it's getting complicated?

• Author
Well, I suppose you should be clear with him. Why not tell him the reasons why it's getting complicated?

I did. I'm just curious on how I should interpret the message he sent my friend.