Just got an email from that so-called date I had last Friday...

"Hello XXXX, sorry I'm getting back to you so late, I had fun with you on Friday nite, it was nice to finally meet you after doing all that talking on the phone, I don't know if you are interested in being my friend or not, but

i think if we have any relationship then we should be friends, I enjoy talking with you, I hope things are going well with you, talk to you later, XXXXX"

OK, people, should I just ignore this email? Write a polite response? I am laughing too hard to do much else.

What would YOU do?

I would select the e-mail and press the 'Delete' key.

Unless you're dying to be friends with this guy, don't even bother with a response. I'm sure he'll get over it. It was nice of him to e-mail you, though.

Send him a response. Let him know you are laughing so hard you can hardly type. Tell him you'd love to be his friend but you have all kinds of different friends. Let him know that he's the type of friend you like to hear from once a year...for five minutes.

Let him know you appreciate his great sense of humor and you are grateful for the laugh. Tell him you hope he comes up with something just as good next year when you talk to him for your five minutes of friendship.

Copy the email to all your friends. Laughs are for sharing.