Trouble Talking w/ Girls

Ok Board,

I'm a 20 yrs old, in college, and have trouble talking with girls. Wouldn't be a problem cause I never get em'. Suddenly, this girl I know is calling me everyday and I'm dying on the phone. My mind seems to go blank, I stumble over my words, but most importantly I don't act like myself. I either become completely apathetic to the conversation (maybe some form of regression) or I become "Mr. Nice Guy." I'm self-conscious and becoming pretty desperate but by no means am I trying to start a relationship; trust me this girl isn't looking for one. Last time I spoke to her she ended with a "call me sometime". Truthfully, I can't tell if this girl wants me as a friend or if I’m three calls in two days means something else. This girl is seriously out of my league which only adds to the confusion. I'm looking for any help, any help at all....

-Tom

normally i wouldn't suggest this, but since you're not looking for a relationship i will. since you're not 21, find a party, call and say something to the effect of "you should come with me" and see what happens. 90% of the people that i had your sort of issue with in college i found out what the true intentions were after getting a few drinks in both of us, one way or the other. people open up more in that situation.