What do you think?

Dorothy

Well, I need advice and I hope I have come to the right place. I have been seeing someone for five months. He and I are both divorced with kids, and we live a few hours away from one another. As a result, we only see one another about every 2 or 3 weeks. Last time I was up there, we were talking about all of the work he has done on his house over the years. He said in a casual way that if he ever married someone with chldren, he would expand up to the third floor, putting in more bedrooms. I did not comment, other than ask if he used to talk about this with his old girlfriend, and he said no. Then 2 weeks ago, he and the kids adopted a puppy which thay named after me- my last name, which is a very unusual last name (think Norman Schwartzkof or Renee Zellwiger, for example...poor puppy.) I was flattered by this, but I am puzzled by his messages. Is there anything that he is is "signalling" to me here, or is he just doing this without thinking about the messages and consequences? I may be "old" but I have no clue what he is doing here- if anything. I am assuming this means he is pretty serious? What do you think? What should I do? Adopt a cat? Thanks for the help!

There is just no human way we can read this man's mind. You are in the best position to ask him where his head is at and you should do that. That's part of excellent communication which is required in a relationship.

Just from what you have written, it sounds like he's pretty serious here...but, again, you are simply going to have to sit down with him and discuss exactly where things are and the direction they are going. You should do this soon.

I don't even think one of those psychic lines could help you in this situation.

I don't want to totally deflate your hope. He could be serious but don't go making the wedding arrangements yet.

I admit I am a little jaded because I have read too much into what ex-boyfriends have said. Sometimes people just say things in passing or in general. I have made the mistake of assuming my exes were possibly talking about including me in future plans when they were just talking in general. You never know. I would just wait and see what happens.

Well, I need advice and I hope I have come to the right place. I have been seeing someone for five months. He and I are both divorced with kids, and we live a few hours away from one another. As a result, we only see one another about every 2 or 3 weeks. Last time I was up there, we were talking about all of the work he has done on his house over the years. He said in a casual way that if he ever married someone with chldren, he would expand up to the third floor, putting in more bedrooms. I did not comment, other than ask if he used to talk about this with his old girlfriend, and he said no. Then 2 weeks ago, he and the kids adopted a puppy which thay named after me- my last name, which is a very unusual last name (think Norman Schwartzkof or Renee Zellwiger, for example...poor puppy.) I was flattered by this, but I am puzzled by his messages. Is there anything that he is is "signalling" to me here, or is he just doing this without thinking about the messages and consequences? I may be "old" but I have no clue what he is doing here- if anything. I am assuming this means he is pretty serious? What do you think? What should I do? Adopt a cat? Thanks for the help!