Does she like me or just been friendly? [updated 2016-06-24]

• Author

My situation - i really liked this girl at work, we are always hugging, (full on hugs, holding on for while) well shes always hugging me - i try not too, as i don't really wanna show her my feelings - not too sure if she feels the same, sometimes holding hands, kisses on the cheek while I'm working on my desk, making comments such as " the way we're hugging its gonna look as if we're girlfriend and boyfriend" but Recently someone that works with us complained about me, saying that I've been basically " mean to him", she knew of the situation and never said anything. When i confronted her she said that i don't wanna take sides. Sometimes i feel that she could be **** stirring between us - not too sure. I feel kind of let down, cos i thought we were close, i mean i wouldn't hug someone i didn't like.(she is a hugger). Her behaviour doesn't match up to her actions, i mean sometimes i get the feeling shes only nice to me cos we have to work together, then some days shes very flirty. Am trying my best to forget her, then she'll do something that makes me like her again. Why do people behaviour like this?

My situation - i really liked this girl at work, we are always hugging, (full on hugs, holding on for while) well shes always hugging me - i try not too, as i don't really wanna show her my feelings - not too sure if she feels the same, sometimes holding hands, kisses on the cheek while I'm working on my desk, making comments such as " the way we're hugging its gonna look as if we're girlfriend and boyfriend" but Recently someone that works with us complained about me, saying that I've been basically " mean to him", she knew of the situation and never said anything. When i confronted her she said that i don't wanna take sides. Sometimes i feel that she could be **** stirring between us - not too sure. I feel kind of let down, cos i thought we were close, i mean i wouldn't hug someone i didn't like.(she is a hugger). Her behaviour doesn't match up to her actions, i mean sometimes i get the feeling shes only nice to me cos we have to work together, then some days shes very flirty. Am trying my best to forget her, then she'll do something that makes me like her again. Why do people behaviour like this?

Albeit in a mixed way, she is attempting to keep her personal life and professional life separate. She is right not to get in the middle. On one hand, she's smart, on the other hand she's immature for setting up the potential for an office romance or misunderstanding if she isn't really that into you but likes the attention . . .

What's the difference between a friendly hug & a hug from someone that likes you, but is too shy to say anything. Any examples? How would you hug your crush?

A woman who is huggy is not at all very shy, just saying. She's pretty forward and outgoing.

If she's going so far as to hold hands at work, she's either interested or using you to make some other guy jealous, which seems very risky at work.