Sleeping in same bed as female friend

I've been friends with this girl for 2 years, recently she broke up with her boyfriend and took it very badly. Started sleeping around etc. We've became closer and she told me that she wished she was attracted to me, we've ended up sleeping in the same bed together but nothing happened. She did try to keep initiating touching (but not at all in a sexual way) because she doesn't show any signs usually of liking me i didn't want to do anything she might think was inappropriate.

I don't really understand what she is getting from this situation, its confusing trying to work out how she feels and a bit awkward to bring it up. I am attracted to her but didn't think i liked her a lot but when we were sleeping together i had sex dreams about her which kind of freaked me out.

• Like 1

I'm a female, and I can just tell you that a couple of my female friends, for awhile after a breakup, get kind of physically clingy because they got used to the cuddling and all that with the BF, and during this time they will snuggle up to anyone who will sit still for it.

If she made the comment about wishes she was attracted to you, well, first of all, jeez, that was blunt and hurtful, especially if you hadn't forced it out of her by pressuring to get something going. If you did, then I guess not. Anyway, my feeling is she's using you for a warm body right now. And yes, she might be vulnerable enough to have sex with you, but if she's said she's not attracted to you, then she's going to regret it and then you're going to be hurt about that, so I just wouldn't let her sleep in my bed. In fact, I'd define the whole thing for her and say, "Look, I'm a guy. It's hard for me to just sleep with a female so I reserve that for one I'm in a relationship with, and you've already said you aren't attracted, so..."

• Like 2
  • Author

Yeah probably for the best to do that, she suggested a different time we should go to my house to cuddle and a while later on that night is when she said she wished she was attracted to me.

• Like 1

:eek:What is she getting out of it? Everything a woman gets out of a guy in the friend-zone.

I guess you are her human sized teddy bear filling the void in her bed until somebody that she is sexually attracted to comes along :bunny:

• Like 3
acrosstheuniverse

She just likes the attention. She told you she's not attracted to you, believe her. Maybe just misses touch or is looking for proof she's still desirable, or enjoys being a tease.

Don't let her in your bed again, it'll only cause you to have growing feelings for her which are going nowhere.

• Like 3
SammySammy

Some would say it was a test.

You could have chosen Lover or Friend. You chose Friend.

And that's okay.

There's just no need to be confused now. You're her friend.

• Like 2