"Good girl" a turn off for guys?

Justanaverageguy
I've heard MANY men in my lifetime claim, "there are girls you have fun with, and girls you marry."

And there are many women who also know this saying and their actions around you will indicate how they see you. Seriously women aren't idiots :)

I was talking to a couple of female friends the other day about tinder. They have come out of relationships in the last year and have started using it and are open to some fun. Both said they had gone on dates looking for some fun and nothing serious - but met guys they saw as potential long term partners so they completely changed the way they behaved on the date.

One in particular said she is happy to go home with the guy on the first date for some fun .... but really liked the guy so didn't. Some crazy reverse psychology where they sleep with you on the first date if they only "kind of" like you and put you in the fun bucket. But because she saw him as a potential boyfriend she wanted to act like a lady and be dated properly.

The type of girl you see .... may be a very different one to what other guys see. Age of the girl also has a big affect on this which pretty much everyone knows. 19 year old College girl, 21 year old backpacker girl is very different to the same girl when she is a 28 year old corporate lawyer ;)

• Author
sparkle222

Well Bob is a friend/colleague so I have no real reason/ability to "cut him loose".

I don't feel enormously offended by the comments, -I've never thought too strongly about him other than as a friend. But we do have a lot of unique(?) things in common, despite our different personalities, and I guess it sort of surprised me that he would talk down to me like a cliched macho guy. But then again I've had so many male friends who claimed to be different or deeper from the typical guy and who turned out to be typical playboy cliches and/or jerks soo there we go..boys this age :S. Don't understand how anyone dates seriously haha.

With goody two shoes kind of women sometimes a man feels like he can't be himself around her. He is always having to file down his rough edges and he she isn't willing to try new things or have new experiences both in and out of the bedroom. The ideal woman for most men is one who is loyal and trustworthy but also has a sense of adventure and worldliness to her.

• Like 1
Too nice or mellow though is sort of a deal breaker. As I was writing in a similar 'nice guys' thread the other day, if she contradicts me, make fun of me and isn't just doting on me too much... we'll be fine.

Seconding that! I like a girl who calls in as she sees it and will put me in my place. That's attractive.

A lack of banter: is a turn off

A lack of sexual banter: Doesn't bother me.

Sexually inexperienced: Doesn't worry me

With goody two shoes kind of women sometimes a man feels like he can't be himself around her. He is always having to file down his rough edges and he she isn't willing to try new things or have new experiences both in and out of the bedroom. The ideal woman for most men is one who is loyal and trustworthy but also has a sense of adventure and worldliness to her.

Yes this is true.

However, the downside I've found is boundaries: sometimes you can be too much yourself around someone. This was true of my last relationship, we shared too much of the controversial things.