Why doesn't he text me first anymore, is he not interested?

Rosielar

I feel stupid having to ask this but I'm a very sensitive person and tend to get very emotional.. And worried.

There is a guy I hooked up with a month ago (we have hooked up every time ever since!) I didn't think it would lead anywhere since I didn't had that in mind but he really wanted to see me again so he took me out on a date. I liked it.

I started hitting him up late on weekends and then he started doing the same which always ended up in us sleeping together. It's not a fwb situation it's more like a hot fling, really. He wanted me to meet his friends, he even tried getting my friends to come with them. He's a very sweet guy and likes asks personal stuff about me, as if he perhaps was thinking long term. He tells me stuff about his family. Maybe I come off as wanting just a fling because I hold back a lot but it's just that I find myself texting him first now. So far he hasn't. He replies right away with all these smileys. He was holding me in front of his friends who said they hoped to see me again another time.

A week goes by and I hear nothing from him? A week later I check upon him and he tells me he wants to see me (why did he not just text me?) I told him to hit me up whenever and he said he would.

I waited a few days but heard nothing then accidentally ran into him and he called me up so we could meet. Everything is fine, even better than it usually is. He apologized and said he's been busy.. But anyways it was so obvious in my opinion that he liked me by the way he acted, and he was bonding with my friends! He was super nice towards them.

So a week later I now sit and wait to hear from him but haven't heard anything. I don't get it? I am starting to feel as if he's not interested since he doesn't seem so bother to text me first or intiate anymore so far. I'm thinking about letting this one go but for a while I thought that perhaps he's unsure of what I'm feeling? Any clues?

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
paragraphs, please use them ~6

No he isn't losing interest he just wants to make sure you don't lose interest so he pulls away to have you chase him for a bit...it's all part of the dance.

• Like 3

I'm certain that he will be very happy to have you initiate once in a while. He can't do the chasing all the time, or don't want to.

Roselier ... did he *ever* initiate first?

Or did you always initiate first from the beginning?

What did you mean when you said you "held back"? Do you mean when he initiated, you didn't respond?

Please clarify, thanks.

• Author
Roselier ... did he *ever* initiate first?

Or did you always initiate first from the beginning?

What did you mean when you said you "held back"? Do you mean when he initiated, you didn't respond?

Please clarify, thanks.

Yes he did then it was mutual and lately it's just been me.

Held back I mean that when he starts asking me personal deeper stuff I don't discuss it, he has been trying to get to really know me and open me up but I like to hold back. He has tried getting my friends to meet his but I turned down his offer (no big deal though, I let him meet my friends later on and he seemed happy about it). I hope that was a good explanation. I however haven't intiated any other plans but late hook ups now that I think about it. Well I'm starting to like him do I definitely want to show him I want something serious.

The key word here is 'hook up'

You lost track it was just a 'hook up'

and it keeps on just being 'hook ups'

It's not because a man shows affection during sex or speaks of himself or asks you questions about yourself that he is interested in more than a hook up.

If this man was interested in you he would be in your face with it, you wouldn't have to guess why he's not texting you.

And last time you text him and he said he wanted to see you...that was just you reminding him you exist and he thought 'hook up'.

tinkerbell16
I feel stupid having to ask this but I'm a very sensitive person and tend to get very emotional.. And worried. There is a guy I hooked up with a month ago (we have hooked up every time ever since!) I didn't think it would lead anywhere since I didn't had that in mind but he really wanted to see me again so he took me out on a date. I liked it. I started hitting him up late on weekends and then he started doing the same which always ended up in us sleeping together. It's not a fwb situation it's more like a hot fling, really. He wanted me to meet his friends, he even tried getting my friends to come with them. He's a very sweet guy and likes asks personal stuff about me, as if he perhaps was thinking long term. He tells me stuff about his family. Maybe I come off as wanting just a fling because I hold back a lot but it's just that I find myself texting him first now. So far he hasn't. He replies right away with all these smileys. He was holding me in front of his friends who said they hoped to see me again another time. A week goes by and I hear nothing from him? A week later I check upon him and he tells me he wants to see me (why did he not just text me?) I told him to hit me up whenever and he said he would. I waited a few days but heard nothing then accidentally ran into him and he called me up so we could meet. Everything is fine, even better than it usually is. He apologized and said he's been busy.. But anyways it was so obvious in my opinion that he liked me by the way he acted, and he was bonding with my friends! He was super nice towards them. So a week later I now sit and wait to hear from him but haven't heard anything. I don't get it? I am starting to feel as if he's not interested since he doesn't seem so bother to text me first or intiate anymore so far. I'm thinking about letting this one go but for a while I thought that perhaps he's unsure of what I'm feeling? Any clues?

It's been a month and the only thing he sees you for is sex and then goes weeks without contacting you. Seeing friends does not equal "I want a relationship". Showing you consistently a relationship beyond sex is saying "I want a relationship". You are just a booty call and to make it worse... he doesn't even have to call you. You are calling him first!

• Like 1

He's in the throes of ghosting you. That's what they do...they slowly pull back and eventually they're gone.

ExpatInItaly

He doesn't sound very interested at this point, no.

I would stop reaching out and see what happens. To me, it doesn't seem like this one is going anywhere.