Fantasizing about another man

brokenheartedgal92

Ive been with my BF for almost 5 years. I was 19 and he was 29 when we met. As I get older, I start to realize that he's a MAN-CHILD.

We moved into our apartment about 6 months ago and I started to see this guy almost everyday. He's a cute guy and seems to have it together, from the everyday observation that I make. 2 cars, own place, single (never seen him with anyone before) and lately Ive found myself fantasizing over him... I feel like a weirdo, but I can't help it. I just want to one day get the courage to say hello but Im way too awkward and SHY!!!

I want to break it off with my BF but we have a lease together... Its just been so tense between us... The love just isn't there anymore. Im thinking about just going for it and starting to get to know this new guy....Only thing is, I have a BF. Not sure how he would feel about that . But i really am over my BF. I can't take another year with him.

• Like 1
  • Author
brokenheartedgal92
Sounds like you need a boyfriendectomy.

sounds like I'm lonely. felt this way for a year now.

• Like 1
sounds like I'm lonely. felt this way for a year now.

To be honest, it sounds like you have a rather empty and unhappy life. A boring life.

Your fantasising about a guy you don't even know, shows very clearly how empty your life really is.

Nothing will change until you take some decisive action.

If everything has gone cold with your bf, you're going to have to part company, sooner or later.

Sitting there doing nothing whilst life passes you by, is a total waste.

Time to move on.

Take care.

• Like 1

Simple break up with him move on with your life

Complicated string bf along while getting to know and sleeping with new guy

Complicated will have years of pain questions soul searching and guilt.

Please break up with your boyfriend instead of hiding these feelings. He doesn't deserve being strung along

• Like 6
He's a cute guy and seems to have it together, from the everyday observation that I make. 2 cars, own place, single (never seen him with anyone before) and lately Ive found myself fantasizing over him...

The chances of him being gay are huge.....:laugh:

By all means breakup with your BF. Just don't count on getting anywhere with this handsome, 'single' prince who has everything and lives across the hall from you. If you can't stand another year of your BF then you've got to do that lease or no lease. What kind of pissweak excuse is that anyway?

redbaron007

I want to break it off with my BF but we have a lease together... Its just been so tense between us... The love just isn't there anymore. Im thinking about just going for it and starting to get to know this new guy....Only thing is, I have a BF. Not sure how he would feel about that . But i really am over my BF. I can't take another year with him.

A lease does not prevent you from breaking up w/ your BF - I've lived in NYC and have known couples who broke up and continued living as roommates just so they don't have to give up a pad they both liked..it was awkward for both parties when they brought lovers home but it surely did not prevent them from breaking up...it all depends on how amicable the breakup is...

Now for the other guy - you'll never know until you ask him. Simplest way is to end it w/ your BF, then flirt with the new guy signaling him that you are open to hanging out!

ExpatInItaly

Break up with your boyfriend.

He deserves to know you don't feel the same way about him anymore, regardless of your living situation.

Don't make any moves towards the other guy unless and until you are single. This could backfire in a major way otherwise.

Just have a honest discussion with your BF. Tell him you are unhappy and want this to end. Pack up your stuff ahead of time, and make arrangements to stay with a friend or family member until you find other accommodations. Your BF can find a roommate. Don't let this lease be your reason for staying. People end relationships and marriages everyday.

I understand it will take a lot of courage to end a relationship, but after you get it out of the way you will feel a great weight lifted off of your shoulders.

As others have said, break up for your own happiness.

Don't expect this other guy to have the answers to what is making you unhappy though. You're setting yourself up for disappointment when your realize he's just a man with his own flaws like your boyfriend.

juniorrocha

Kinda like GIGS. Bottom line is, if you're unhappy with your boyfriend, why stay with him any longer? Let him be free and find someone who really cares. And you go your own way too, regardless of that one guy you're keeping your eyes on.