A long term booty call told me he loves me how do I tell him I feel the same?

For my riends bachelorette party 4 years ago we went to Vegas (im in LA) while out there we met a tattoo shop owner and he took us around he is a little older then me (I was 24 him 39) after a really great time (no sex) I got his number. We have been in constant contact now for the last 4 years. Soon he came to my town and invited me to see him. I took him up on the offer and we spent all night having amazing sex (7 times or so). So we have been meeting about every 3-6 months for a night or more of fun. recently he told me how bad his day was going so I sent a cute voice message telling him to smile and he texted back "you make me smile, hahah.. I think I might love you" I thought it was a joke because he is a funny guy so I texted back "haha just thought you would like to hear my voice". He took awhile to respond and all he said was "yea whatever.." And I told him I thought it was a joke. After not hearing from him for an hr or so texted back "that wasn t a joke was it?" And he replied with a simple "No" I feel bad, having him to talk to often has been wonderful. He seems hurt and has told me he really wants to spend some time with me soon how do I keep our relationship the way it is without hurting his feelings? I feel horrible that he put it out there and I just took something that big as a joke. Should I bring it up when we see each other? Should I ask him if he still feels that way? I really want to know if he does love me.

Meeting up occasionally doesn't seem to mean much, he could have just felt lonely. Suggest a proper date. Go out for dinner and don't have sex afterwards. See how the two of you feel. This is what I do when I think there might be more.

• Like 2
Should I bring it up when we see each other? Should I ask him if he still feels that way? I really want to know if he does love me.

You never know if someone loves you until you've been trough a hard time and that person stuck with you and supported you. Before that, it's infatuation, affection and hormones.

What i mean is that the way you've been seeing each other is not a good basis to judge a romantical relationship, because it's not a relationship, it's a LDR one, and those usually do not work.

• Like 2

If you picture yourself in your dream life situation - say in 6 years at 30 - what do you see ?

Point blank. You don't tell him , because well, it's simply not true. Stay honest.

He is your "booty" call. That is the only thing true about this quasi hookup.

I'm unclear from your post if you love him or not. From the title it seems like you are, from the text it seems like you are not.

Although it happens, I have a hard time believing anyone can fall in love with someone they see 2-4 times a year for a night or 2 of sex. I think you two need to spend more time together doing some every day things, not just going out to dinner/movies etc. See if you two are compatible, then go from there.

I am all in favor of FWBs turning in to something more, but while great sex can sustain a relationship through hard times, it is hard to build a relationship on just great sex.