Why does he explain himself when we are friends?

so I really like this friend of mine, but he doesn't know that. He likes to tell me things about him or about friends he talk to. Any ways, so I suspect this other girl who he's friend with like him, as he tells me about her, I asked him... Have you ever thought maybe she has feelings for you? .. He explained why she behaved that way and then said don't worry, it's nothing...

Any ways, today he told me about what he been up to again, he spent some time with her and without me commenting, he look at me and said there's nothing dodgy happening between us. Don't worry...

He's my work colleague. I was wondering, if he explain because he likes me?

Edited by slovek
StrandedWithOne

Are you sure that your feelings are not being showed, even if unconsciously? Maybe other your friends could see them too, that would help in explaining things. But if you are sure it's not the case, you can be positive he likes you. Good luck either way :)

• Author
Are you sure that your feelings are not being showed, even if unconsciously? Maybe other your friends could see them too, that would help in explaining things. But if you are sure it's not the case, you can be positive he likes you. Good luck either way :)

Thank you :) still not sure if he knows or not. I have no courage to confess unless I feel its mutual.

StrandedWithOne
Thank you :) still not sure if he knows or not. I have no courage to confess unless I feel its mutual.

Hey, go for it :)

For the record I confessed my feelings to someone who I was 90% sure that feels the same way... and I was wrong. But it's me , I have no luck in love and many other things. I am sure that if you will try, your chances are bigger than mine were :) Good luck.

• Author
Hey, go for it :)

For the record I confessed my feelings to someone who I was 90% sure that feels the same way... and I was wrong. But it's me , I have no luck in love and many other things. I am sure that if you will try, your chances are bigger than mine were :) Good luck.

Aww, thats not true :) . You sound like a really nice person, if the person you confess didn't see that, they were missing out. But kudos for confessing, its not easy, plus I'm shy. I think I will wait and see a bit longer.

StrandedWithOne
Aww, thats not true :) . You sound like a really nice person, if the person you confess didn't see that, they were missing out. But kudos for confessing, its not easy, plus I'm shy. I think I will wait and see a bit longer.

My case was more complicated than you think :) She was quite nice to me (sometimes still is) but has a boyfriend (serious, I suppose) and yet showed no signs of him, so to speak, and instead showed things that I interpreted as signs of interest in me. Now our situation is very complicated, you can see in this thread. Maybe the fact that she is naive somewhat made things worse, I am not sure...

And don't worry about being shy... Show a bit more interest in your guy and see what happens.