Love for friend, how to proceed?

ScentlessApprentice

ScentlessApprentice

So me and a female friend have been close for a few months now and I have developed some really strong feelings for her.

She has just stayed at mine for a week and one night we went skinnydipping and kissed she said she'd been wanting to kiss me for so long. I said I don't this to be a fling and would wait for her (she's recently out of a long term relationship). And she said she didn't want it to be a fling either.

After we sobered up, a couple of days later I told her I meant what I said and she said she may have got carried away. I said I didn't expect her to think about anything now but didn't mind waiting. She said 'Obviously I think you're amazing, but I can't just switch feelings'

A bit later I said, 'I just had to say that, you can knock me back but it had to be said so if you do, I can just get over it'

And she said 'I'm not knocking you back.'

I don't have a yes or no answer, but I feel I should for my own peace of mind. Although I dread the answer. I would hate to lose her as a friend so going for all or nothing isn't something I'll do, plus I'm living with her next year and can't get out of that either.

How do you think I should proceed from here? Any advice?

Just accept the fact that she is not ready for a relationship. Accept her friendship and move on. You can't live together with somebody you have romantic feelings for so you need to get over her.