2 Friends

So....I have had a crush on a guy for a month or two. It kind of hit me out of nowhere...he's been a friend for about a year. He has a roommate/best friend who has made it clear for months that HE (the roommate) has a thing for me. I made it clear in a nice way that I wasn't interested and he seemed to back off. A few days ago I went to a party where both guys were present. They both flirted with me, but the roommate was much more physically persistent. He kept touching me, massaging my shoulders, hugging me, etc...He ended up walking me to my car. I got in and started to drive away and he flagged my car down. I thought something was wrong and so I stopped and rolled down my window. Well, he just laid a really passionate kiss on me. And I didn't stop it! I kissed him for a good 3 mins or so before I told him I had to leave.

So here's the problem: I still like his friend, not him. The kiss was awesome, which throws me off. If there's some sort of physical chemistry, do I give it a chance and see if there's a chance? I feel like I've ruined any potential thing between me and my friend....What would you guys recommend? Anyone ever have something similar happen?

I'd be particularly interested in the male perspective...do you think my friend was hanging out w/me and calling me on behalf of his friend all these months or do you think there's a chance he's interested too? If two friends are interested in the same girl, is there a guy rule about who gets to make a move? Just generally confused...thanks!

whichwayisup
I still like his friend, not him.

Go with your gut. Don't go for some guy who chased you down, kissed you and honestly, probably just wants to see how far he can get with you. This other guy, the one you like, is your friend. You care about him and I think you should go for it!

Tell the other one to back off that you ain't into him. Give a hint or two, he'll realize pretty fast, especially if he tries to hit on you again, come right out and say, Hey, that was a good kiss the other night but I don't want to do that again. Problem solved.