I'm still jealous of my boyfriends ex girlfriend and IDK what to do

HatefuL_DruG

My boyfriend and I have been together for 10 months now but for some reason I'm still jealous of his ex-girlfriend. Ever since we met he would always refer to her and bring up things that happened when they were together or things they did (not sexually).

A few days ago I was in this situation where I ended up meeting her for the first time. It turns out she went and did this favor for Jake(my b/f) so he expected me to be grateful, and in a way I was. It turns out she was a great person and had all the qualities that I knew Jake loved; I could tell he enjoyed talking to her. From this I came to the conclusion that maybe I'm not what he wants, and that she's much better than me b/c from the very beginning everyone went on and on about her...even after they KNEW we were exclusively together.

For some reason I've always felt a little worry that maybe he didn't love me because he talked about her so much.

I've questioned him about it and he says he no longer has feelings for her in that way and that it's all in my head. Does anyone think this could be the cause of my low self-esteem? And does think I have any reason to question his feelings?

I think if he still wanted to be with her he would be.

My boyfriend talks about ex girlfriends (and everyone else) all the time. It doesn't mean anything. Usually it's just because he's relaying a story pertinent to whatever I had just said, and they happen to be in it.

His ex sounds nice. Why would someone hate her? We all like to be around people who are happy and kind. So that being said, don't try to be like her, per se, but maybe learn from her. See why people like her so much, and realize that you, too, are worth that kind of praise and love. You can't control anyone else's actions, but you CAN control your own. Be the person you've always dreamed of being. When you're happy and confident it's really hard to be jealous of other people.