The emotional cost of extracurricular activities

Cattiva

There seem to be a lot of us around here who are having sex,either virtual or IRL,outside of the confines of our marriages/primary relationship.Myself included.

How difficult do you find it emotional to separate your extracurricular activities from your primary relationship?How prone are you to falling in love with the outside person or person with whom you are having sex--and if you have fallen in love,how has it affected you in your primary relationship?

I am not in the midst of any kind of extracurricular relationship. However, it is my feeling that the vast majority of those who are involved in such have not considered the emotional and other consequences and usually are not inclined to do so until if and/or when they get caught.

People who rob banks, murder, kidnap, or commit most other wrongs, with rare exception, do not consider the emotional, criminal, civil or societal consequences of their actions until they get caught.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that those with great conscience and morals are not likely to do these things. Those whose consciences have severely eroded or barely exist are not likely to care about consequences except upon apprehension or discovery.

If you (not you personally, but 'you' as in 'anyone') are in a relationship, either married or bf/gf, you should not cheat. Get out of the relationship first, then go on with your life.

If you would consider having an affair, you've got issues in your relationship (and with your self) and an affair is NOT going to make it better. It may be a temporary 'feel good' situation, but it won't last. Your self-respect will disappear, along with everything else.

People want to have their cake and eat it too. You can't use the comfort of a relationship to go doing these things to yourself and other people. It's wrong, and will wreck both you and your partner in the end.

SO many people think it's fine to cheat- until it happens to them personally. But affairs are just plain wrong.

There seem to be a lot of us around here who are having sex,either virtual or IRL,outside of the confines of our marriages/primary relationship.Myself included. How difficult do you find it emotional to separate your extracurricular activities from your primary relationship?How prone are you to falling in love with the outside person or person with whom you are having sex--and if you have fallen in love,how has it affected you in your primary relationship?
There seem to be a lot of us around here who are having sex,either virtual or IRL,outside of the confines of our marriages/primary relationship.Myself included. How difficult do you find it emotional to separate your extracurricular activities from your primary relationship?How prone are you to falling in love with the outside person or person with whom you are having sex--and if you have fallen in love,how has it affected you in your primary relationship?

I wish I could comment on this but unfortuntly for me I'm not getting any right now. lol.