She makes me jealous!

Man the way it seems my G/F is always trying to make me jealous shes always talking about how guys hit on her, like all the frickin time! And then shes like so damn surprised when like I get upset and shes like "you don't trust me"....

What the crap?! I'm so confused why does she always do this, why does she think I don't care about her. I mean its so childish o yea and I'm 18 shes 15/going on 16.

And I mean I think we take this relationship on different levels, I used to not have a problem but now it seems every night we get into it anybody want to help?

please?

I mean no disrespect, but her young age is a major factor in her actions.

When a girl tells her man something along the lines of "a guy hit on me" she is seeking approval and trying to make you feel like if you dont watch out, you could lose her at any moment. It also suggests some insecurity...she should not have to TELL you something like this. I never EVER tell my b/f when I get hit on, whats the point? He knows men look - thats enough to keep him in check.

Shes trying to keep you on your toes and yes, to make you jealous. The best way to respond to this when she says it, is "thats nice" and change the subject. Dont put focus on the topic and she'll soon learn that you dont care about that stuff -- and she WILL stop talking about it (if shes smart)

• 1 month later...
RecordProducer

Nah... it's mere bragging. Just like she would say "My boss told me today I was one of the best employees."

It's also a reminder that she is wothwhile and like saying: "Congratulations, guys want me, but you have me and I love you!"

I know cuz I do it all the time. I tell my BF when guys hit on me, but I am usually annoyed by their attention because it happens very often. He is not jealous about it, he just says: "That's cuz you're so cute!" It makes me feel good and it definitely has nothing to do with trying to make him feel bad/jealous.

My ex-husband couldn't handle it, he told me to stop telling him when someone hits on me. And he was very insecure about his qualities vs. mine! He was also leaving me after every fight (that he caused) so the attention I was getting from other men was reminding him that I can find someone else.