Ah...so relieved

I don't know if any of you will remember, but about 1 1/2 months ago I posted a message about a humiliating drunk dial that I made to a guy I liked, who happened to live on the other side of the country.

Well, I didn't take most of your advice. (Sorry, Tony.) I didn't call him and apologize. I felt so stupid that I couldn't do it. I was cringing for weeks after it happened, and by then I felt stupid calling. He never called me back. (Not like I expected him to.)

I am going to be moving to his city in about a month to start grad school (not because of him, but because I got a hefty scholarship, it's a good program at this particular school, and a variety of other reasons that don't include him.)

One of my good friends is married to one of his good friends. Through my friend, I recently found out that he thought my call was 'hilarious' and he didn't call me back because I lived too far away. (In his words 'It really sucks that she lives so far away.')

His friend (my friend's husband) mentioned that I was moving to his city, and his response was 'That's so cool.'

So, I guess he didn't hold my stupid call against me, and he didn't call for the reasons why I thought he didn't call. (The distance thing. And believe me, I wasn't looking to start a long distance relationship or anything. I just really liked him, more than I've liked any guy in a really long time.)

So, WHEW! I feel so much better now that I just had to share.

And I do believe I will give him a call once I get to his city and get settled. He is, thankfully, still available. (I actually might see him before that, in a couple of weeks, if I head back 'home' for a weekend trip with my friends that he's going on also. But with work and other moving concerns I don't know if I'll make it. I really want to go, but not because of him. Although it certainly doesn't hurt matters that he's going to be there.)

We'll see...I'll keep you posted if anyone is interested.

Sounds good to me.

I do so many dumb things myself it would be a very timely process to apologize all the time.

Hope things work out for you in your new city.

hi clia,

it's good to hear he thought it was hilarious. i remember your post and to be honest, i got quite a chuckle out of it. i've made a few drunk calls myself and received some, and 9 times out of 10, they are hilarious.

good luck with this guy, clia....this call could have been just the ice-breaker you needed :)