Boyfriend did nothing for our 2 year anniversary

Hi,

I really wanted to voice my frustrations as to why my boyfriend and I didn't celebrate our 2 year anniversary. It's not like we have been seeing each other for 2 months, this is 2 YEARS! He had told me that he was busy that day so nothing could have been done.

He did call me the same night but did not even mention anything about our anniversary. I in turn didn't want to sound like the fool here, so I didn't say anything either. I did a few weeks later question him on that and he said it was because he was busy and couldn't.

I didn't even get a card, nor a single rose, nor dinner, nor lunch nor anything. What does this mean now?!

Am I so blind as to not see what is going on. Is our relationship, the memories we shared, the good times we have had over the 2 years mean absolutely nothing to him!

I know our relationship has had it's ups and downs but still you would think we both should have done something. Why is it my responsibility to initiate everything!!

What does this mean really? From a guys point of view. I mean I think I know that this isn't a good sign at all. Do you think I should continue on with him... he knows how much this would mean to me. Maybe it means nothing to him what we have..Maybe is is really taking me for granted.

Please help as I am running out of hope here.

Marie

YOU ASK: "I didn't even get a card, nor a single rose, nor dinner, nor lunch nor anything. What does this mean now?!"

You have to answer that question in the context of your overall relationship. If you're happy with every other aspect of your partner and he is generally kind, considerate, thoughtful, respectful, etc., then it only means he doesn't understand how important it was to you for him to make some outward jesture to memorialize the anniversary. There are many people who are selectively sentimental or who just don't understand these things. Some people are just a little, how should I say this, dumb.

The fact that he didn't celebrate on another day, when he wasn't busy, can indicate many things. It could imply he is under a lot of stress, it could mean his finances are extremely limited, it may mean he has something more grand (like a major trip or cruise) planned for later, or it could mean he is no longer that much into the relationship.

So exactly what his omission means will be up to you to decide. If you're happy with everything else and if you feel loved and cared about overall, just forget it. When the time is right, spend an hour or so educating him on how important the observance of these kinds of things are to you.

If you aren't feeling very good about the relationship overall, this may be a good time to bolt. Cut your losses and move on. There's no need to remain in a situation where you feel hurt and empty a lot of the time.

If he really loves you and cares about your feelings, he will note his calendar and surely give you a rose on your third anniversary. What does that cost, a few dollars. And he's got nearly a year to save up the money.

a lot of men don't remember dates like women do. So he could have simply just forgot. Why don't you get him an anniversary card to see if he remembers or just plain bring it up. "Do you realize we have been going together for 2 years?"

Hi, I really wanted to voice my frustrations as to why my boyfriend and I didn't celebrate our 2 year anniversary. It's not like we have been seeing each other for 2 months, this is 2 YEARS! He had told me that he was busy that day so nothing could have been done. He did call me the same night but did not even mention anything about our anniversary. I in turn didn't want to sound like the fool here, so I didn't say anything either. I did a few weeks later question him on that and he said it was because he was busy and couldn't. I didn't even get a card, nor a single rose, nor dinner, nor lunch nor anything. What does this mean now?! Am I so blind as to not see what is going on. Is our relationship, the memories we shared, the good times we have had over the 2 years mean absolutely nothing to him! I know our relationship has had it's ups and downs but still you would think we both should have done something. Why is it my responsibility to initiate everything!! What does this mean really? From a guys point of view. I mean I think I know that this isn't a good sign at all. Do you think I should continue on with him... he knows how much this would mean to me. Maybe it means nothing to him what we have..Maybe is is really taking me for granted. Please help as I am running out of hope here.

Marie