horrified

JustAGirl

mein gott!

i'm sorry for posting here so much but i was talking to my bf right now (on icq) ... and somehow we were on the topic, and i asked a blunt Qn, and here's what i asked & his response:

-------

ok, a blunt Qn:

if i wasn't there, do u think u'd be able to find a gf? as good as me or better?

I dunno. maybe someone else wanted to monkey around with me. maybe not

but I know for sure that real love for me is impossible. so I should just stick to the people who like to laugh with me

-------

WTH?? I mean i know he has some insecurities but this shocked me ...

help! =(

I wouldn't worry so much about this. First of all, ICQ was NOT meant for the purpose of delving into other people's souls. It's pretty much a novelty communication medium for people who don't want to make phone calls or who just want to hang out cybernetically.

Don't put a lot of stock in some off-the-cuff answer to an impromptu question. I'm sure he would answer it differently if you ask it another time. People are just a whole lot more complex than their answers on ICQ. Give me a break!!!

Even if he was being serious, he certainly did not have time to give ample reflection on the question and I serious doubt it is truly representative of his position.

I just can't believe the people who try to carry on emotionally initimate relationships on a computer. It is insane...stop it this instance.

Discuss this and other important relationship questions the next time you see him in person. Meanwhile, use ICQ for keeping up with each other and joke telling. Even email might be better to ask some of those involved questions.

Forget this whole thing for now. Until you have a chance to talk to him more intimately, consider the issue dead.