That'd be right.....

Miss Mojo

hi guys,

hmmm....i'd like to start out by saying, *i hate nokias*!!!!

for those of you thinking, "what's that got to do with the price of rice in china?", let me explain....

i've been corresponding with a guy from overseas for a little while...lovely chappy. anyway, he was coming to australia to visit and asked me would if i would like to meet up oneday to do a bit of bar-hopping. i told him that would be fine and to e-mail me when he got here. he did that, but then i decided to give him my mobile number to save us e-mailing back and forth all the time. i hestitated with home phone and work phone because you can never be too careful.

anyway, here i am thinking, "whoops, it would appear he's forgotten about me". as it turns out, he tried contacting me numerous times in the 10 days he was here. i was thinking to myself, "my phone seems to be working ok...i've been receiving calls"....then my sister tells me that her and my mother tried to call me 8 times in the one afternoon and couldn't get through....."that's odd", i thought...one of my friends asked me, "where the hell have you been"...err, same place i've always been. she couldn't contact me on my mobile at times either....wonder why they didn't tell me earlier, eh?

come friday night, i was out with friends and went to make a phone call on my mobile, and the screen on my phone was blank...the blasted battery is ever so slightly loose that it doesn't register and turns off. a guy who was sitting at our table at the club said, "well, that would explain why people have been having trouble contacting you".

NOOOOOOO!!!! just my luck, eh? i was constantly pulling my phone out of my bag, test ringing it myself and all seemed fine....it just pops off and then pops back into place again itself...it was never off when i took it out of my bag (grumble, grumble).

gawd, i felt so terrible when this guy e-mailed me. he was wondering what was going on, and i could tell by the tone of the e-mail he was wondering if i was playing games.

needless to say, i sent back a very apologetic e-mail and explained what was happening with my phone and that i'd fixed it (with a chunk of cardboard) but no doubt, it will all sound like a cock 'n' bull story.

WHOOPSADAISY!!! here i was thinking he was avoiding me, while all along, my stoopid phone was playing silly buggers with me. i wouldn't be surprised if i don't hear from again...it all sounds so far fetched, even though it is the honest truth.

...my phone company just rang to offer a special deal for existing customers....upgrade your phone for an extra $9 per month, nothing changes on your existing contract.

haha!!! *sigh*...what bad timing!

:)