Would you seriously date/marry a bisexual person?

From a discussion I had recently irl and I wanted a broader sample of the population.

If you're a hetero woman or a gay man, would you seriously date/marry a bisexual man?

If you're a hetero man or a gay woman, would you seriously date/marry a bisexual woman?

No problem with it... none at all.

I know loads of Bi people (mostly men) and they are just like other hetro (or gay for that matter) men... They are just who they are.

Doesn't bother me and haven't thought about it.

• Author
Uh why wouldn't I? What's wrong with bisexual people? Worried they'll be more prone to cheating or something?

On one thread, folks seemed to believe that a bisexual person wouldn't be able to be faithful to one gender for the rest of their lives.

Someone else mentioned that they don't want their partners having OSF due to the risk of friendship turning EA/PA. With a bisexual, ALL friends have that potential.

Hetero people I have talked to seem to have trust issues when it comes to dating bi. Gay people I have talked to vary from "No such thing as bi, they're just closeted gay" to "Hell, no, those people are confused!" and everything in between.

On one thread, folks seemed to believe that a bisexual person wouldn't be able to be faithful to one gender for the rest of their lives.

Someone else mentioned that they don't want their partners having OSF due to the risk of friendship turning EA/PA. With a bisexual, ALL friends have that potential.

Hetero people I have talked to seem to have trust issues when it comes to dating bi. Gay people I have talked to vary from "No such thing as bi, they're just closeted gay" to "Hell, no, those people are confused!" and everything in between.

Anyone. Regardless of their sexuality has the ability to cheat. Its their personality and character that prevent it NOT their sexuality.

Well as a woman who has many male friends I can tell you now that not one of them has a snowballs hope in hell of it turning into something more... So I guess it comes down to personality again and whether your partner is jealous and insecure. If you are going to be insecure and silly about it then there is no point trying.

Sorry this did make me laugh! Goes to show that people can be very narrow minded regardless of their sexual preferences.

I have yet to meet a person that is just a walking vagina or penis... They tend to have more about them than just their genitals... But if people are incapable of seeing others as people rather than sexual objects then I guess they need to deal with that... Its not the problem of others.

• Like 3
Straight dude here and I would definitely date a bi woman.

Especially if she has some good like-minded friends.

You sly old fox Shanex.....

(Me too)

• Like 2
SincereOnlineGuy

Whether they ARE "bisexual" or not, is irrelevant.

The ONLY reason they have to inform you (as their partner) of this, is to leave the door open for their cheating on you in the future.

Then, magically, they need only reference this otherwise-pointless conversation:

"... but I TOLD you I was bisexual..."

(as if THAT affords you different rules for monogamy...)

• Like 2

*sigh* really? That's a very narrow minded way of looking at things. Everyone is different. Why can't people see this?

The ONLY reason they have to inform you (as their partner) of this, is to leave the door open for their cheating on you in the future.

Then, magically, they need only reference this otherwise-pointless conversation:

I totally disagree with this. I was just with my (now ex) BF for a year and a half and I was totally committed to him. When I told him about being with women previously he did ask me if I felt I was missing something but I told him I wasn't. If I can't be with one person then what is the use of being monogamous; regardless of orientation?

• Like 2
  • Author

I disagree. I think disclosure of past sexual experiences (in general, I don't need the details) and preferences is important when dating. Helps determine long term sexual compatibility.

DH is bi. We've been married 16 years and monogamy has never been an issue.

*sigh* really? That's a very narrow minded way of looking at things. Everyone is different. Why can't people see this?

Because people like to fit everything into nice, neat, boxes.

I totally disagree with this. I was just with my (now ex) BF for a year and a half and I was totally committed to him. When I told him about being with women previously he did ask me if I felt I was missing something but I told him I wasn't. If I can't be with one person then what is the use of being monogamous; regardless of orientation?

I asked DH many times over the years if he feels he is missing anything. He says not. He said he's always known he'd marry a woman and be monogamous, so he was long prepared for giving up wild oat sowing.

I would not seriously date a bisexual woman, no. I have seen or taken part in too many situations where the bisexual person thought the rules of monogamy did not apply to them because they were bisexual. "It is only cheating if it is another guy!" That sort of thing.

Because this applies to all bisexual people.

I doubt it does. It has applied to all of the bisexual people I have met, and I prefer to make decisions based on what I have learned in life instead of ignoring those lessons and carrying on as before.

None of the bi's I know have thought that way... Its all pretty clear in their minds...

But then I don't tend to have serial cheaters etc in my "circle".... The people I know are pretty straight up kinda folks... regardless of what they like to do in the bedroom...

Now I will probably get flamed to He££ and back for this, but in my experience, when someone says they are "bisexual", the sex they prefer is their own :)

• Like 4
Now I will probably get flamed to He££ and back for this, but in my experience, when someone says they are "bisexual", the sex they prefer is their own :)

I don't know... The people I know who are bi (admittedly a low number... ) some are in hetro relationships and some in gay... All have had relationships with both sexes.

I know at least 2 that are married. Both on second marriages. One married opposite sex both times the other one of each...

I don't have anything against people of different sexual orientations, but I would not want to date a bisexual person. Just...no. It's a turn off for me. Now of course, straight guys might also have a man-crush time after time or freely admit that they think another man is attractive, but somehow it's unappealing for me to know that my boyfriend had/would have sexual interactions with another man. Can't help it :)

• Like 2

yes, why not? i have in the past and i felt very desired (he said he never felt that way sexually about a woman before). i prefer someone who s comfortable with his sexuality and has fulfilled his curiosity in that regards. on the contrary, i dated someone who couldnt come to terms with it and it ended up being a very frustrating experience.

Edited by deep_night
Michelle ma Belle

Short answer, yes and have with no drama.

Being bisexual does NOT automatically make one promiscuous or an adulterer or somehow means they lack any kind of moral compass. Ridiculous. Anyone who behaves this way does so not because of their sexual orientation but because of their overall character.

• Like 5

Not trying to flame you but in my case I actually prefer men. I have gotten into relationships only with men.

I forget the name of it but there is a sexuality scale. Some people will be 50/50, some will be closer to gay, and some will be closer to hetro.

• Like 3
  • Author
Not trying to flame you but in my case I actually prefer men. I have gotten into relationships only with men.

I forget the name of it but there is a sexuality scale. Some people will be 50/50, some will be closer to gay, and some will be closer to hetro.

I've known a few men and women that enjoy same sex sex, but can only emotionally romantically bond with a member of the opposite sex. Those people exclusively date opposite sex partners, but when single or with a hall pass will have same sex sexual contact.

I've known a few men and women that enjoy same sex sex, but can only emotionally romantically bond with a member of the opposite sex. Those people exclusively date opposite sex partners, but when single or with a hall pass will have same sex sexual contact.

That's pretty much me. I can see the beauty of women but I don't find their softness as appealing to me. I also don't bond emotionally to women easily.

My XBF talked about giving me a hall pass because he saw it as women could give me something he can't. I never took him up on it because in my book it's still a person and I wouldn't want to put another person in a position to hurt my relationship. I didn't feel he was a guy who could handle a more open arrangement. I was perfectly fine with monogamy though.

• Like 1

Sorry but am I the only one who thinks this whole thread is stupid and extremely stereotypical/prejudice? Just because someone is bisexual doesn't mean they're automatically gonna cheat on you.