He won't have sex

confused & frustrated

confused & frustrated

I hope someone can help me. I have been dating this guy for a year and a half, and he is truly great. We have a wonderful relationship; we spend alot of time together. He is constantly calling me up and we never get bored of talking to one another. We see each other about three times a week. He is also extremely affectionate, both in private and in public. He is even affectionate around his friends and his family. He also always tells me how attractive and sexy I am.

So what's the problem? Well, he will not have sex with me. Yes, we have fooled around (pretty seriously) and we sleep in the same bed a lot. I also know at times he gets very aroused but right when he gets excited he will stop. I have tried to address it a few times but he gets defensive and he changes the subject quickly. No, he is not religuous, and he is not a virgin. In fact, he has had quite a few girlfriends in the past.

I don't know what yo do. I value our relationship and I don't want to jeopardize our friendship, but it is frustrating. I am generally a confident person, but this issue has made me very insecure and I can't help but take it personnally. Interesting side note: he is extremely jealous, and can not tolerate other guys being attracted to me.

Anyway, someone please give me advice.

-- Confused and frustrated.

Are you SURE he isn't a virgin? Maybe he has "fooled around pretty seriously" with other women just like with you, but has he really ever had sexual intercourse? I mean just because he's had lots of girlfriends doesn't mean he slept with them.

Either way, sounds like he's just waiting for the perfect place and the perfect time. Then again, does he even know you want sex?

I have had the same thing going with my girl. I used to get aroused and then I would just lose it, for me it was psychological, I was afraid of intercouse, because of past failures, you have got to talk to him and ask him whether he is afraid of having intercourse with you.

Are you SURE he isn't a virgin? Maybe he has "fooled around pretty seriously" with other women just like with you, but has he really ever had sexual intercourse? I mean just because he's had lots of girlfriends doesn't mean he slept with them. Either way, sounds like he's just waiting for the perfect place and the perfect time. Then again, does he even know you want sex?