Would you date a woman who was already pregnant.

Guys - would you date a woman who was already pregnant? If so, what would the circumstances have to be and what would the right reasons be for doing so?

Would it be wrong to do so if working on the assumption that she would be desperate for someone to look after her during the pregnancy and as a result have lower dating standards?

Would it be right to do so if one were an aspiring father with some kind of medical fertility problem?

It's not a matter of right or wrong, if it works for both and they're able to meet each other's needs then whose place is it to say it's wrong?

The chances of a new relationship surviving pregnancy, then two years of sleeplessness when the baby comes are practically nil. You need someone who is invested and intends to stay invested for that. If you're already pregnant, you don't even have time to get to know the person well before the baby comes along and derails everything.

I have a friend who met his wife a month or two after she ended her 6 year relationship. They were madly in love...then she found out she was three months pregnant with the ex's baby. She was distraught. He stood by her.

Bio Father is in her life but not too much. Kid has my friends last name and I think he may have adopted her. She's 16 now. All is well.

• Like 1

I think it would be wrong to assume she was desperate to have someone look after her and had lowered her standards. Frankly, I think it's wrong to date anyone who you look down upon to this degree.

One of my friends was pregnant when she met her now husband. They had no idea where the dating would take them, but they are still together 20 years later. He adopted her son when they married.

• Like 1
Guys - would you date a woman who was already pregnant? If so, what would the circumstances have to be and what would the right reasons be for doing so?

Would depend on the type of dating. Fun, casual, hanging out - no problem.

Looking for Ms. Right? I'd have to understand there'd be a time coming very soon when she'd have different priorities...

Mr. Lucky

• Like 2

would you date a woman who has already children? Is kind of the same...

You need to understand you won't be priority number 1, if that is fine for you then go ahead... (I see no issue with it). But if you want a normal dates routine, going out a lot, etc... She is going to be too busy for that the next couple of years...

lucy_in_disguise

i have heard of stories where it's worked out, but I think you need to be cognizant that her availability and priorities may not be compatible once the baby arrives.

I also think the reasons you posted are kind of creepy. It is one thing to date a woman you like a lot, who happens to be pregnant. But your post sounds like you're intentionally going after pregnant women because you believe that may have lower standards and/or provide you with a quickie family. Those are wrong reasons to date someone.