Things are falling apart with my crush

Ok, so I've had a crush on this girl for about 5-6 months now and I started talking to her as soon as I felt something for her. We've hung out a lot of times - alone. We live in a hostel (separate hostels) so we can walk around the university in the evening without being bothered. And sometimes we've made contact, physical contact; I once told her that I had warm hands so she reached out to grab and confirm lol. Even today when she accidentally stepped on a broken bottle - she's fine - she grabbed my arm for support. She's offered to keep all my keys - since I keep losing them. And I'm not the only one who initiates the conversation.

Now here comes the weird stuff. I planned to take her out on a date. I told her that we're gonna play a game and there are gonna be some stakes: if I win, I'm gonna take her out for coffee. And I won. So at first she agreed. I mean, she agreed until the night before the date. I texted her to be ready at 5 pm. 5 pm sharp. (I meant it to be playful). But then she said, "what if I get late ;) ?" And right after that she says, "If you wanna bring someone else along, you can ask him."

I was shocked to say the least. I told her why would I want to bring my friend along? She said ok no problem, it's just us two then. I told her my plan was to take her out alone, if she felt uncomfortable, she could tell me about it. She said, no it's fine.

I called off the plan next day and when she asked why I told her that I'm a little busy with my friends. So, her reply was just "Okay ?".

I ended up not being busy lol and taking her friend to the hospital after she bruised herself - with my crush. During which I talked about some too deep ****. Like, really lame stuff - I was depressed.

Anyway, how should I proceed. I would appreciate a quick response.

What deep stuff did you say? Regardless, it doesn't sound like she's interested in dating you or she would not have suggested you invite anyone else.

Hard to say. She may have been worried about hurting your feelings because you're friends. She may have been spending that time trying to figure out a way to get out of it. Or she was just putting it off until the last minute because it wasn't something she wanted to confront and deal with.