Is he interested in me?

Hello everyone! So I have this guy whom I've liked for a long time now and he's one of my best friends. We hang out every now and then, sometimes alone but mostly in a group of friends. I've always assumed he's not interested in me so I've never let him know about my feelings and tried my best to not let them show, and I think I'm pretty good at it. However, the other weekend, we hung out in a group with other people, and we both got pretty drunk. The thing is that he started touching me quite a lot. He'd hold my hand and rub it, give me massages, caress my calf while we were sitting down (my legs were up on the sofa just to clarify lol)... I let my head rest on his shoulder and we just had a nice moment there, lol. From what I remember, he initiated most of it and I pretty much just went along. Our friends did comment on it jokingly but none of us cared because, well, we were intoxicated by alcohol... Do you guys think this could be a sign that he likes me? I am very confused...

When we're sober he'll touch me at times, but more in a jokingly way, like bumping into me when I'm not prepared for it. I don't really know how to describe it heh but it's more of a teasing thing we have going on. Other than that, he won't do anything that could be considered romantic and neither do I. I don't think he's as shy as I am, if he truly wanted something he would probably pursue it. But I can't help wondering why he keeps doing these things if he'd have no interest in me what so ever? Even if he was drunk... Maybe I'm just reading too much into it, but I'd love to hear what you think... :)

He might like you -- or he might have just been drunk and would have touched any warm body that was around. Since you're known each other so long, why not just mention that night. Say, I don't know if you were just drunk the other night or what, but I kind of enjoyed you being all over me.

If he asks you out on a date you will know that he has a romantic interest in you. What you describe sounds like friendly kidding around.

I do agree that if he is interested but isn't up to asking you for a date, probably not worth it. Good chance you'd just lose a friend. But if you're super interested, ask him what that was about the other night and see if he ups the ante or just acts mortified at himself.

• Like 1