"canceled" date, what do respond?

ThisisIt606

I recently wrote another post but this is a DIFFERENT guy ( this post is about a guy i'm NOT interested)

We matched on a dating app and were chatting a bit. He told me he was traveling out of the country for work but asked for my number to "connect" when he got back. I left my number and didn't hear from him until about 2 days ago.

He texted me fairly late at night and asked to hang out the next night. He also wanted to talk on the phone right then. I wanted to relax and enjoy my night so I didn't reply. Then he called and I didn't pick up.

He left a long rambling message about his international travel for work, name dropping his big company, and how jet lag is so tiering. He said we spoke over and app and we made plans to "connect" (I found it odd he kept calling it "connect", sounds so business like) and asked to meet up for drinks suggesting Saturday hoping we could "connect" soon.

I texted back and said I couldn't talk now but Saturday sounded good. He said great and he'd touch based later.

Friday night he texted and asked if i drove/where I would be coming from as he had a few places in mind. I responded a few hours later saying " i just got out of a movie, sorry, just seeing this now. I don't have a car but live in x part of the city. I can get to most places with public transit." I sent this around 11pm Friday.

Saturday comes and goes and I get a text around 10pm Saturday evening from him saying " Got caught up with family, sorry i didn't reach out sooner, let's try another date. what does your schedule look like"

^ I'm annoyed he didn't reach out sooner, he literally had ALL day. My schedule is truthfully quite full this week. I like another guy I went on 1 date with (Let's call him A) and would like to save my "free day" this week to ask A if he's available to go out again.

Should I give this late texter/planner a chance and reschedule? One worry of mine in first dates is passing up someone good, so it's sometimes hard for me to reject.

I also unmatched him on the app bc his jaw line annoyed me. Petty sure, but true.

Edited by ThisisIt606

It depends on how you feel about him but the "connect" thing would definitely turn me off. It does sound too businesslike. Is this an interview or a date? I hope he isn't boring.

• Like 2
  • Author

After a quick search it appears as though he is divorced... A woman with the same last name was in a lot of his fb pics, so I thought it was his sister at first...

but then the pics got a but too intimate to be siblings pics. Plus people were commenting on them as a cute couple.

Divorce kinda seems like a big thing to disclose before meeting someone...hasn't told me.

You know very little about him I wouldn't try to draw any conclusions from googling (unless he's got a criminal record or something). Anyhow just try to schedule a date for the following week.

I wouldn't bother drawing any conclusions from saying the word connect a lot either, or mentioning where I worked. I don't get this. Just go on a date with the guy and you'll know way more from an hour with him than these 5 minute encounters.

i wouldn't bother with this one. it may be that he has asked other people out, or has other commitments and was waiting for those people to get back to him first before he got back in touch. it doesnt really sound like you are or were his top priority. (unless maybe now he's been blown out by some other girl on the app and is trying to desperately get someone on his arm for the weekend so he can tell them at work, oh yeah she drives this car, and shes earns this much etc).

he sounds a bit of a show off and a bit young (trying to impress you the way he has).

nah, go for a date with A. and if it doesnt go that well and you still want to give him a chance to see if he could be a possible mr right, then meet up with him.

i think you'll have a better time with mr A.providing his jawline doesnt upset you by the time the weekend approaches! lol enjoy it and let us know how your date goes.

This is a very odd scenario to me. He seemed totally interested and reached out multiple times to set up a date to just cancel last minute...well not even last minute but after the fact. If he had canceled the day of hours before, i would be more forgiving, but to not even say anything until well after the date would have happened, is pretty negligent and disrespectful.

I had a girl do this to me once before as well. Date was planned and then I text/call to confirm, no answer and then hours later around 10-11pm she says sorry I totally got caught up blah blah bs. That stuff is hard to tolerate. They either are definitely uninterested or are hiding something like another relationship, kids etc. that have to take priority over you

• Like 1