Need some advice

My boyfriend asked me if it was okay that he still talk to his ex girlfriend, and if he could be her friend. I was okay with it as long as he didn't do anything else with her. However, she sent him an e-mail saying she thought they were "soulmates" and that one day they would be married. The reason I found this out was because I was on the phone with him and he told me to check his e-mail and to read them to him (he was away and didn't have a comp). I told him I didn't apperciate what she said, and he says he doesn't understand why she would say such a thing since they have been broken up for 4 years now. He asked me if it was okay that he still remains friends with her, and I don't know what to tell him. I don't mind he talk to her, but I don't like the things she is saying, and would talking to her lead her on even more?

There is nothing wrong with them being friends, if that is all it is. This girl wants more from him though, that is obvious. He needs to set her straight, and tell her to back off. If she can't do that, and he's serious about his relationship with you, then he should stop contacting her. If he was hiding anything, I don't think he'd want you reading his e-mails. Tell him how you feel.

SUNSHINE143

Right on!

If he is all about you then you have nothing to worry about! Do me a favor though, ask him why being her friend is so important to him. Email like the one she sent him will soon cause hurt feelings on your part if he still insist on being her friend and she clearly wants more. You should be his main concern now!

• Author

I asked him and he said because they have been on friendly terms since they have broken up even before he met me. I don't mind that he talks to her, but I don't like her very much at this point. He has told her that he is in a devoted relationship but she doesn't seem to get the clue. I think the only reason she wants him is because he is with someone. She had a chance before I came into the picture but did nothing about it. I don't want him to stop being friends with someone because of me, but I really would love it if he stopped talking to her. I haven't told him this because I don't want to control him. I think i'll let him make the decesion, but I don't understand why some people don't get the clue.

SUNSHINE143

Some people can't get a clue because they don't care to. Women are pieces of work! She probably wants nothing to do with him, but she doesn't want anyone else to have him. My boyfriends ex made the comment when he and I started dating that, "Jay will not be happy". Well here we are a year later but we would have never made it if I didn't put my foot down. I'm not controlling at all but I finally told him me or her. It was bothering me too much. He chose to respect my feelings by not talking to her at all. Image how hard that was seeing as how they have 2 kids together.

For you sake I hope things don't get worse with this girl, but if they do, tell him like it is. Good luck and I truly wish you the best. Remember that you are worth sacrificing for!!!!

• Author

Thanks. Yeah I just talked to him and told him i wasn't comfortable with him talking to her if she has feelings for him. He told me he understood and he said he would stop talking to her. Thanks for the advice! It really helped

SUNSHINE143

Wonderful. I'm glad he is a stand up guy. I wish you guys the best. Good luck in your future together! :D:p